Dear Senior High School (SHS) School Heads and SHS Coordinators, below are the questions that you will answer as per agreement during the urgent conference on SHC at Casa Cristina Hotel on Nov. 26, 2015
- In what ways did you strike a balance between students’ preferences, culture, available resources, and community economic activities?
- In what ways are you maximizing non-Deped schools’ participation in ensuring access to relevant SHS programs for all learners?
- In what ways are you ensuring that learners are properly guided through your career advocacy program?
- In what ways are you bringing on out-of-school-youth and other school leavers to Senior High School?
- In what ways are you ensuring that classrooms, workshops, laboratories, and equipment are ready prior to the start of SY 2016?
- In what ways are you preparing for the entry and integration of new teachers, school heads, and other non-teaching staff into SHS?
- In what ways are you harnessing support from all stakeholders for: (a) facilities, (b) other learning resources like equipment and tools, (c) immersion, (d) training for SHS personnel, (e) learner welfare like financial assistance?
- Which approaches work best in engaging the different stakeholders, particularly LGUs, industries, NGOs?
- In what ways are you initiating and sustaining partnerships without sacrificing learners’ and Deped’s interest?
- In what ways are you communicating and advancing for SHS (a) program/ curriculum details and (b) vouchers to internal and external stakeholders?
BURGOS INTEGRATED SCHOOL
SHS School I.D.:344799
Brgy. Burgos, Basey, Samar
Guide Questions of SHS Implementation
1. IN WHAT WAYS DID YOU STRIKE BALANCE BETWEEN STUDENTS’ PREFERENCES, CULTURE, AVAILABLE RESOURCES, AND COMMUNITY ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES?
- Conduct study or research on student’s preferences/profile on most favored/chosen courses, cultural bacground, available resources and available livelihood/economy in the surveyed community.
- Conduct SHS Career Guidance Campaign/advocacy program in different ways like: Posting of Tarps, Barangay Assemblies/forums & giving of flyers.
- Offering varied Tracks/Strands with multiple options.
- Conduct SHS Early Registration.
2. IN WHAT WAYS ARE YOU MAXIMIZING NON-DEPED SCHOOLS’ PARTICIPATION IN ENSURING ACCESS TO RELEVANT SHS PROGRAMS FOR ALL LEARNERS?
- Through proper information dessiminations/campaigns, Forums, conferences participated by Non-Deped Schools.
3. IN WHAT WAYS ARE YOU ENSURING THAT LEARNERS ARE PROPERLY GUIDED THROUGH YOUR CAREER ADVOCACY PROGRAM?
- Conduct SHS Career Guidance Orientation to students.
- Conduct inventory of SHS Carrer Guidance programs and Activities.
- Motivate/Encourage students to do Self-Assessment.
4. IN WHAT WAYS ARE YOU BRINGING ON OUT-OF-SCHOOL-YOUTH AND OTHER SCHOOL LEAVERS TO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL?
- Conduct SHS advocacy program through LGU, Brgy. Council and NGO.
- Conduct Early Registration in the Barangay or House to house Enrolment.
5. IN WHAT WAYS ARE YOU HARNESSING SUPPORT FROM ALL STAKEHOLDERS FOR: (A) FACILITIES, (B) OTHER LEARNING RESOURCES LIKE EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS, (C) IMMERSION, (D) TRAINING FOR SHS PERSONNEL, (E) LEARNER WELFARE LIKE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
- Establishing linkages to LGU, NGO’s, INGO’s, Industries, Companies, Corporations, Government Institutions/Agencies, private Institutions/Agencies, Alumni Associations, Cooperatives & other Private individauls.
6. WHICH APPROACHES WORK BEST IN ENGAGING THE DIFFERENT STAKEHOLDERS, PARTICULARLY LGU’S INDUSTRIES, NGOS’?
- Conduct Forums participated by different stakeholders, particularly LGUs’ & NGOs’.
- Engage/Involved Different stakeholders, particularly LGUs’ & NGOS’ in the crafting of SHS programs and activities.
- Constant correspondence or consultation to different stakeholders particularly LGUs’ & NGOs’.
7. IN WHAT WAYS ARE INITIATING AND SUSTAINING PARTNERSHIPS WITHOUT SACRIFICING LEARNERS AND DEPED’S INTEREST?
- Prepare MOA/MOU, of SHS Institution and the Different Stakeholders and Partners.
- MOA/MOU should be discussed and agreed by both parties.
- Conduct close monitoring and evaluation on the progress of SHS Partnerships.
8. IN WHAT WAYS ARE YOU COMMUNICATING AND ADVANCING FOR SHS (A) PROGRAM/CURRICULUM DETAILS AND (B) VOUCHERS TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS?
- Attend trainings, seminars, oreintations,forums about SHS Program, specially crafting Program/Curriculum details.
- Encourage internal and external stakeholders to take part in the SHS curriculum crafting.
9. IN WHAT WAYS ARE YOU ENSURING THAT CLASSROOMS, WORKSHOPS, LABORATORIES, AND EQUIPMENT ARE READY PRIOR TO THE START OF SY 2016?
- Conduct inventory of classrooms, laboratories, workshops, equipments and other facilities.
- Report to higher authorities the result of the Inventory.
- Plan/Find some initial intervention.
10. IN WHAT WAYS ARE YOU PREPARING FOR THE ENTRY AND INTEGRATION OF NEW TEACHERS, SCHOOL HEADS, AND OTHER NON-TEACHING STAFF INTO SHS?
- Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff Inventory.
- Information dessimination on SHS Teachers need.
- Accomodate SHS New Teacher Applicants.
- Encourage Teachers to undergo trainings, particularly NCII,II, IVI and TM1 & II.