Guidelines on Giving Homework or Assignments to All Public Elementary School Pupils
September 16, 2010
DepEd Memorandum No. 392, s. 2010
GUIDELINES ON GIVING HOMEWORK OR ASSIGNMENTS TO ALL PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PUPILS
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
1. Homework or assignments have been part of the pupils’ lives in their schooling. Common homework/assignments may include a period of reading to be done and writing to be completed, problems to be solved and projects to be worked on, among others. The purpose of which is for the pupils to increase their knowledge and improve their abilities and skills.
2. However, it has been observed that parents complain about too many pupils’ homework/assignments, which rob themselves and their children’s quality time to be together in more enjoyable activities.
3. Hence, it is advised that the teachers limit the giving of homework/assignments to a reasonable quantity to give their pupils ample time to rest and relax at home for the rest of the day.
4. Therefore, no homework/assignments shall be given during weekends for pupils to enjoy their childhood, and spend quality time with their parents without being burdened by the thought of doing lots of homework.
5. Immediate and wide dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC