Attached is Homeroom Guidance Class Observation Tool (Annex I) of DepEd Memorandum DM-OUCI-2021-346 from the Office of the Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction, dated August 25, 2021, announcing the Revised Implementation of Homeroom Guidance (HG) During Crisis Situation for School Year 2021-2022.
Other details relative to the implementation of Homeroom Guidance Program can be read here.
Table of Contents
Homeroom Guidance Class Observation Tool for School Year 2021-2022
To the observer: Check the box to indicate your assessment guided by the scale below:
0 – No Chance to Observe
1 – Not Observed
2 – Observed but Insufficient
3 – Sufficiently Observed
4 – Sufficiently Observed and Commendable
- makes sure that the learning modality is conducive for learning and activities.
- effectively organizes learning situations to meet the objectives of the class presentation.
- uses instructional methods that encourage relevant learner participation in the learning process.
- implements the module in accordance to the guidelines.
- communicates clearly and effectively to the level of learners.
- explains important ideas in a clear and practical way.
- demonstrates command of the topic discussed.
- responds appropriately to learner questions and comments.
- provides time and direction for individual thought prior to group discussions (if applicable)
- prepares/checks. distributes efficiently the materials for activities.
- adequately prepares learners to undertake the specific activity.
- provides learners adequate time to reflect on the activity utilizing a variety of process skills – (i.e. demonstrate, predict, analyze, conclude, synthesize, etc.)
- attends to the learner’s concerns in different modalities.
- provides individual attention when appropriate (non-submission, non-compliance)
- provides minimal yet sufficient information to successfully complete their task(s).
- provides adequate feedback, reflections, encouragement on individual group efforts and progress.
- encourages learners to appropriately use tools, ideas, methods, or “ways of knowing” to accomplish the activity and or solve the problem.
- relates the lesson to learners’ daily life experiences.
- encourages the learners to apply their realizations on the lesson (insights).
- maintains safety procedures in facilitating leaner’s tasks
Rating = Total Score / (No. of items with 1-4 scores) x 4 X 100%
92%-100% – Outstanding
69%-91% – Above Average
46%-68% – Average
24%-45% – Below Average
23% and below – Needs Improvement