National Achievement Test (NAT) Administration Guidelines
Test Administration Guidelines
Distribution of TMs
- Pre-Test GuidelinesEarly in the morning of exam day in nearby schools
- A day before the test to far schools or even earlier to far flung schools
- DTC issues the Oath of Confidentiality to each SH
- Inform the examinees to bring pencils (lead#2) on exam day.
- Inform the fourth year students taking NAT to bring snacks/lunch on exam day. They are not allowed to leave the campus.
- Inform the examinees that they should know the curriculum / program they belong to (BEC, ESEP/STEM, TVE, SPA and OHSP)
- Inform the examinees to have a copy of their ratings in the third grading period: Math, English, Science, Filipino and
- HeKaSi/Araling Panlipunan.
- Advise the examinees to have a copy of their LRN.
- The coverage of NAT Y4 includes the core subjects and the Critical Thinking Skills Test.
- Only the Grade 6 examinees are issued with individual CORs. Hence, their ASs are provided with Examinee Stubs.
- The list of examinees must be alphabetically arranged in the whole school. All males first then females.
- Each listed examinee should have his/her corresponding LRN.
- Inclusion Policies
- Examinees with Hearing Impairment (HI) may take the test and may be included in the regular testing room
- Only those Y4 students graduating in March 2015 will be allowed to take the NAT Y4
- Non-testing officials are not allowed to stay in the vicinity of the testing rooms.
Preparation of Classrooms
- Well lighted and conducive for testing.
- For Grade 6 and Year 4, 30 armchairs should be provided.
- The arrangement of the seats must be well-spaced & spread out; first and last rows are close to the walls.
Merging of Excess Examinees and Testing Centers
- In case there are five or less examinees in excess in a large testing center, they can be integrated in the last five rooms, each accommodating an examinee. The examinee will be the last in the list/seat plan. Customize Forms 1 and 2 in order to include the additional examinee. Add another box/space in the forms.
- Examinees from small-size private schools can be merged and tested in one testing center in a city or in a municipality. A Master Teacher shall be assigned as the CE.
- There should be separate C/ETREs for each school in case there is merging of small size schools into one testing center.
- In case merging with other small testing center is not possible, e.g. 35 registrants only, all examinees maybe accommodated in one testing room. Another set of Forms 1 and 2 will be used for the 5 examinees.
- No integration of excess examinees will be done if there are enough testing rooms and room examiners (coming from other schools) to serve in the testing center.
On Checking the Identity of the Examinee
- Countercheck the identity of each examinee through his/her School ID.
- If the ID is not available, ask the examinee to present a notebook or any personal belonging bearing his/her name.
- In the absence of # 1 and # 2 identification materials, ask the classmates inside the testing room to attest his/her identity.
Test Materials Allocation
1. Schools with more than 90 examinees – The allocation should be 50% TBs and 100% ASs of the total enrolment
There will be 2 testing sessions for schools allocated with only 50% TBs
2. Schools with 90 examinees and below – The allocation should be 100% TBs and ASs of the total enrolment
100% allocation of TBs and ASs based on the total enrolment
Board Work : NAT Grade 6
1. Use same board work for the second session.
2. There is only one TB for Filipino, Mathematics, English, Science and HeKaSi
Board Work : NAT Fourth Year
Note: There is only one TB for Filipino, Mathematics, English, Science, Araling Panlipunan and Critical Thinking Skills
Filling Out the Scannable School Header (SSH)
- Data must be prepared by the STC days ahead before exam day.
- Transcribe the data in the SSH using a PENCIL (lead# 2) during exam day.
- Every variable is labeled with S if a school concern and G/Y if a grade/year concern.
- There are variables specific only for private schools (such as GASTPE) and for the public schools (CFSS, etc.)
- GASTPE grantees must be properly identified by year level and type of grant (EVS or ECS).
- Observe the place values in filling in boxes requiring nominal data. The right most box is for ones followed by tens, hundreds and thousands. Empty boxes have to be filled in with zeroes.
- In 2015 NAT, there is an inclusion of a checklist on teachers’ trainings / staff development activities on raising learners’ achievement level in the core subjects at the school level.
Instructions for the Recording of Time
- Time allocation serves as guide in the recording of time but the corresponding actual time in answering each subject should be written in the Time Started and Time to End.
- The recording of time is done by cluster of subjects answered before and after breaks (snacks and lunch); for which the time records should be written in the blanks provided.
Pretest : Entrance and Seating Arrangement
- Count the TBs before opening package in front of examinees.
- Do not allow electronic devices (calculator & cell phones), references (dictionaries) and rulers in the exam room.
- All belongings shall be placed in front beneath the blackboard. Only pencils, sharpeners and a computation paper shall be with the examinees while test is going on.
- Seat Assignment must be strictly based on the Seat Plan.
- Seats of late comers/absentees must be left vacant.
- Count the TBs and ASs in front of the examinees prior to distribution
Note: No other persons should be allowed in the premises of the Examination Rooms except the testing staff and authorized monitors.
Pretest : Distributing and Checking the TBs and ASs
- TBs and ASs must be distributed correspondingly by Serial Number based on the Seat Plan. Hence, TMs of absentees must remain in the plastic bag under the custody of the RE.
- Distribute TMs from right to left and from lowest serial number.
- Check page by page.
- Place defective/unused TB and AS, if any, in the plastic bag.
- Check and double check if all examinees have shaded the correct circles pertaining to the NAME GRID and all the necessary information about the examinee.
- Remind examinees to use eraser for pencils. Tape or liquid erasers are NOT allowed.
- No examinees should start accomplishing the NAME GRID unless they have shown their pencils.
- Do not start the Test Proper unless each examinee has properly shaded the NAME GRID.
- Read verbatim the information in boxed portions of the handbook. Do NOT translate in local language/dialect.
- Always record the time started and the time when clustered subject tests will end.
- Do NOT add nor subtract minutes in the time allocated.
- Accomplish the Seat Plan while the examinees are answering the EDQ.
- Accomplish Form 7 while test is in progress.
- Closely supervise the examinees in accomplishing the AS so that reliable data can be generated.
- Give five minutes to inspect and clean the ASs.
- The Examinee Stubs should be turned over by the RE to the Guidance Counselor or SH.
- Count the TBs and ASs before allowing examinees to leave the testing room.
Post Test : Accounting of Test Materials and Preparation of Reports
- Count and arrange the TBs and ASs consecutively by serial number.
- Accomplish the ETRE’s data. Indicate the number of registrants and the actual number of examinees.
- After the contents have been accounted for, SEAL the ETRE with the DepED-NETRC tape and sign across it while still inside the testing room.
- Account for and submit to the CE the TMs used.
Post Test : Contents of ETRE
- Report on time test started and ended by cluster of subjects (Board Work on Actual Time Record)
- Used ASs placed in original plastic bag
- Form 1 and Form 2
- Form 7
Post Test : Contents of CETRE
- Unused ASs
- Form 3
- Form 4
- Scannable School Header
Note: Forms 5 & 6 shall be submitted separately to the DTCs
Post Test : Materials for Submission to the Division Office
- Bundles of ETREs and CETREs placed in the original boxes
- Bundles of used and unused TBs placed in the original boxes
- Examiner’s Handbook
- NETRC Form 5 to be placed inside Box No. 1 for the TBs of the Division (on top of the TBs)
- NETRC Form 6 to be placed inside Box No. 1 of ETRE’s/CETRE’s of the Division (on top of the CETREs)
- The SHs have to return the TMs within 24 hours.
- Take note of the guidelines regarding the time and date of the Forwarder’s retrieval of the TMs.
- Accomplish the Questionnaire on Forwarder’s Performance.
- Notify the NETRC if TMs are ready for retrieval or if they were not retrieved promptly.