May 6, 2016
DepeEd Memorandum No. 74 s. 2016
RECOGNITION OF THE MEMBERS OF THE NATIONAL ANTI-POVERTY COMMISSION – CHILDREN SECTORAL COUNCIL AND PROVISION OF SPECIAL ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 8425, also known as the Social Reform and Poverty Alleviation Act, the National Anti-Poverty Commission (NAPC) was created to serve as the coordinating and advisory body for the implementation of the Social Reform Agenda. RA 8425 provides that NAPC be composed of heads of government bodies, the President of the Leagues of Local Government Units and representatives from the basic sectors. One of these basic sectors is the Children Basic Sector (CBS), which is composed of Child Representatives. Administrative Order No. 21, s. 2011 or the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of RA 8425 stipulates that the Sector Councils convene at least once every quarter to discuss issues and concerns of each respective sector.
- The Department of Education (DepEd) recognizes the role of Children Sectoral Council (CSC) members in pushing for national and local policies, programs and projects for the benefit of the children sector, especially on issues such as violence against children, child abuse, child labor and child participation.
- DepEd shall allow the attendance of the selected learners who are council members to the activities of the National Anti-Poverty Commission – Children Sectoral Council (NAPC – CSC) as part of their official function. The list of the NAPC – CSC members for 2015-2018 is enclosed.
- The council members who will attend NAPC – CSC related activities shall be excused from their classes. Furthermore, they should be provided with sufficient time to keep them abreast with class requirements such as make-up or special quizzes, periodical examinations or long tests, among others, upon their return to school.
- A certificate of attendance, duly signed by the organizing official, shall be presented by the council members to their school heads/principals after their attendance to every NAPC – CSC activity or function.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=311701025 key=key-Wg8kkaNuRLNvkmjhkrZ5 mode=scroll]