April 28, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 66, s. 2016
CLUSTERED ASSEMBLIES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION – NATIONAL EMPLOYEES’ UNION ON THE K TO 12 BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education – National Employees Union (DepEd – NEU) will conduct a series of Clustered Assemblies on the K to 12 Basic Education Program, with the theme ASEAN Integration and the K to 12: Hurdling Challenges Through a Stronger Partnership Between Rank-and-File Employees and DepEd Management to Improve the Quality of Basic Education Services on the following dates with respective venues:
|Regions I, II, III, and Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)||May 4-6, 2016||Plaza del Norte
|Regions IV-A (CALABARZON), IV-B (MIMAROPA), V, and National Capital Region (NCR)||May 18-20, 2016||Lyceum of the Philippines
|Regions VI, VII, VIII, and Negros Island Region (NIR)||May 23-25, 2016||DepEd EcoTech Center
Lahug, Cebu City
|Regions IX, X, XII, and Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)||May 26-28, 2016||Country Village Hotel Carmen, Cagayan de Oro|
|Regions XI, XIII, and Central Office||June 15-17, 2016||Deanaville Resort
Surigao del Norte
2. Each of the Clustered Assemblies aims to:
a. familiarize the participants with the K to 12 Program’s salient features, such as the Universal Kindergarten Education, Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (MTB-MLE), and Core Academic Areas to decongest the curriculum and specializations, implementation and transition management requirements, and approaches, initiatives, challenges and opportunities toward ASEAN integration;
b. mobilize them to better inform, educate and communicate details of the K to 12 Program to their varied publics and enable them to secure wider public appreciation, understanding and support for the Program as an essential mechanism to provide micro- and small-and-medium-enterprises with senior high school graduates who are equipped with the necessary skill sets to make them succeed under a regional community setting;
c. equip them with information to help resolve continuing issues and concerns on the K to 12 Program among DepEd’s internal and external publics, especially during the Modeling and Migration Phases until the Completion Phase of the program, and thus, correct the existing public misperception that basic education is just a preparatory step to higher education;
d. strengthen the working partnership between DepEd management and DepEd-NEU in the attainment of basic education reforms under the K to 12 Program especially as the country prepares to meet the challenges and opportunities of ASEAN integration by 2016;
e. enable them to appreciate the role and significance of public sector unionism in the protection, development, education, advancement and advocacy of government workers’ rights, benefits and privileges as well as their responsibilities as employees of the Department as they face ASEAN integration;
f. assist them in identifying negotiable economic and non-economic benefits, incentives, programs and projects that would conduce to better work conditions and improve the quality of life of all non academic rank-and-file employees of the Department, and, thus, redound to better agency perfomance and the delivery of quality education for all; and
g. help them address and understand issues and concerns on employee promotion, transfer, and complaints under the Rationalization Plan which are essential to the delivery of quality public service especially as the Department gears up for ASEAN integration.
3. The topics/issues to be discussed during the activity are the following:
a. K to 12 Basic Education Program;
b. ASEAN Integration;
c. Collective Negotiation Agreement (CNA) Issues and Concerns;
d. Rationalization Program Issues and Concerns; and
e. Other Employee Welfare Benefits (PhilHealth, Pag-Ibig, GSIS, among other benefits).
4. The participants of this activity are the DepEd-NEU Chapter executive officers in the regional, schools division, and school levels who are all non-academic rank-and-file employees of the Department, including central, regional, schools division, and school administrative officers (AOs), human resource management officers (HRMOs)/personnel officers, planning officers, legal officers, information and communication technology personnel, accountants, budget officers, supply officers, utility employees and members of the DepEd-NEU National Board of Trustees and National Executive Committee, chairpersons and members of NEU steering committees. Attendance of the participants shall be on official business.
5. A registration fee of Four Thousand Two Hundered Pesos (P 4,200.00) shall be charged to each participant to cover expenses for the kits, board and lodging, honoraria of resource persons and facilitators, TEVs of resource persons and other incidental expenses. Registration fee and travel expenses of the participants shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. The members of the different working committees, regional chaper presidents and the National Executive Committee shall be considered as participants and shall pay their registration fees. They are authorized to travel two days before each clustered assembly for the necessary preparations.
7. Arrival and registration of participants shall be on the following dates (Day 0):
|Regions I, II, III, and CAR||May 3, 2016|
|Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, and NCR||May 17, 2016|
|Regions VI, VII, VIII, and NIR||May 22, 2016|
|Regions IX, X, XII, and ARMM||May 25, 2016|
|Regions XI, XIII, and Central Office||June 14,2016|
8. The first meal to be served shall be dinner on Day 0 and the last meal shall be afternoon snacks on the last day of each assembly.
9. Confirmation of attendance using the forms provided in Enclosure Nos. 1 to 4 must be sent through fax or email to the following:
a. Mr. Efren LI. Alcera
President, Region V Chapter
Mobile Phone No.: 0926-693-6741
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Mr. Robertson M. Tuliao
Telephone No.: (02) 635-0551
Mobile Phone No.: 0920-243-4801
Email Address: email@example.com
c. Mr. Manny Belonio
Telefax No.: (02)636-3549
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. For more information, all concerned may contact Mr. Fidel Salosagcol, President, DepEd Central Office Employees Union Chapter through mobile phone no.: 0927-288-1010 or any of the aforementioned contact persons.
11. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
DINA S. OCAMPO
[scribd id=311190868 key=key-I3Jxdk5Mk2hmCmSQtWHe mode=scroll]
- DM 65, s. 2016 – Establishment of the 2016 Department of Education Task Force Operation Center in the Central, Regional and Schools Division Offices in Connection with the May 9, 2016 National and Local Elections
- DM 67, s. 2017 – Dissemination of Republic Act No. 10756 (An Act Rendering Election Service Non-Compulsory for Public School Teachers, Authorizing the Appoinment of Other Qualified Citizens, Providing for Compensation and Other Benefits)
- DM 68, 2016 – 2016 Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE)
- DM 69, s. 2016 – Conduct of Election Web-Based Seminar (Webinar)/ Briefing for Public School Teachers Who Will Serve as Board of Election Inspectors in the May 9, 2016 National and Local Elections