February 26, 2016
DepEd MEMORANDUM No. 32 , s. 2016
DISSEMINATION OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10743
(An Act Declaring the Fifth Day of October of Every Year as the National Teachers’ Day)
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, enclosed is a copy of Republic Act No. 10743 dated January 29, 2016 entitled An Act Declaring the Fifth Day of October of Every Year as the National Teachers’ Day.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Republic of the Philippines
Congress of the Philippines
Third Regular Session
Begun and held in Metro Manila, on Monday, the twenty-seventh day of July, two thousand fifteen.
[REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10743]
AN ACT DECLARING THE FIFTH DAY OF OCTOBER OF EVERY YEAR AS THE NATIONAL TEACHERS’ DAY
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress assembled:
SECTION 1. National Teachers’ Day. – The fifth day of October of every year is hereby declared as the “National Teachers’ Day”.
To ensure a meaningful observance of this special working holiday, all heads of government agencies and instrumentalities, including government-owned and -controlled corporations especially those that are directly dealing with the teachers, including local government units, and employers in the private sector, shall encourage and afford sufficient time and opportunities for their employees to engage and participate in any activity conducted within the premises of their offices or establishments in celebration of the “National Teachers’ Day”.
SEC. 2. Lead Agency. – Pursuant to the observance of the National Teachers’ Day, the annual program of activities shall be prepared and implemented with the Department of Education as the lead agency.
SEC. 3. Effectivity. – This Act shall take effect fifteen 15 days after its complete publication in the Official Gazette or in at least two (2) newspapers of general circulation, whichever comes earlier.
(Sgd.) FELICIANO BELMONTE JR.
Speaker of the House
(Sgd.) FRANKLIN M. DRILON
President of the Senate
Senate Bill No. 510, which was approved by the Senate on May 18, 2015, was adopted by the House of Representatives as an amendment to House Bill No. 4148 on November 25, 2015.
(Sgd.) MARILYN B. BARUA-YAP
House of Representatives
(Sgd.) OSCAR G. YABES
Secretary of the Senate
Approved: JAN 29 2016
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
President of the Philippines
- DM 25, s. 2016 – 25th National Arts Month Celebration
- DM 26, s. 2016 – Changes in and Additional Information to DepEd Memorandum No. 1, s. 2016 (Administration of the Language Assessment for Primary Grades (LAPG) and the National Achievement Test for Grade Six (NAT G6) for School Year 2015-2016)
- DM 27, s. 2016 – Establishment of Barangay Health Station (BHS), A DOH Clinic in Public Elementary Schools
- DM 28, s. 2016 – Ulirang Guro sa Filipino 2016 ng Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino (KWF)
- DM 29, s. 2016 – Employees’ Compensation Commission (ECC) Information Drive
- DM 30, s. 2016 – 2016 Search for Outstanding Public Officials and Employees
- DM 31, s. 2016 – Dissemination of COMELEC Resolution No. 10057