February 17, 2016
DepEd Memorandum Number 27, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary Schools Heads
All Other Concerns
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) supports the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) in the implementation of its Health Facility Enhancement Program (HFEP) as one of the major pillars of the Kalusugan Pangkahalatan, which envisions quality health care to be more accessible to the poor and vulnerable population through ensuring a functional Barangay Health Station (BHS) in every barangay.
2. In this connection, DepEd and DOH, together with DILG, forged a partnership to establish a PhilHealth TSeKAP (Tamang Serbisyo para sa Kalusugan ng Pamilya) accredited Barangay Health Station within public elementary schools in barangays without an existing Barangay Health Station. Thus, DepEd is committed to provide a lot or portion of the property not being actively utilized in public elementary schools in barangays without an existing Barangay Health Station and other government health service units.
3. In view of the implementation of the program, the schools must be validated jointly by the DOH and DepEd. A preliminary enclosed list of public schools in barangays has been prepared, which will be the basis of the joint validation.
4. Therefore, the following should be performed:
a. The DOH representative should meet with the schools division superintendent (SDS) to conduct validation of the schools with DepEd engineers, keeping in mind the following criteria:
i. There is buildable space in the school;
ii. The space identified is accessible by use of a separate gate other than the main gate of the school; and
iii. The space identified has not been previously identified for classroom construction from any source of funding.
b. If earlier sites identified are not feasible, the SDS may identify/recommend other school sites in the same barangay that need a Barangay Health Station.
c. The DOH representative shall prepare a report containing the recommended list of schools duly signed by the school head/principal and the SDS. The said list shall be submitted to the DepEd Central Office – Office of the Chief of Staff on or before February 29, 2016 for one final validation.
5. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Read: Changes in and Additional Information to DepEd Memorandum No. 1, s. 2016 (Administration of the Language Assessment for Primary Grades (LAPG) and the National Achievement Test for Grade Six (NAT G6) for School Year 2015-2016)