Observance on the Selection of Honor Pupils and Students of Grades 1 to 10 of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (DO No. 74, s. 2012)
This is to reiterate the observance of the guidelines in the selection of Honor Pupils/Students of Grades 1 to 10 of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum contained in DepEd Order No. 74, s. 2012, specifically on the following:
- Honors must have at least 90.000 and with no grades below 80 in any quarter. Average per subject is 85 or above and so it is possible that a grade level has no honor pupil/student.
- Do not use Valedictorian, Salutatorian, honorable mention etc. in Grade 10.
- Do not require toga nor toga for rent.
Should no one qualify for the Honors because no one has at least 90.000 as average based on these DepEd Orders, no one will be declared as First Honors/Valedictorian, Second Honors/Salutatorian, etc.
However, the school may give recognition to the outstanding accomplishments of the learners obtained during District, Division, Regional, National Competitions whether team or individual awards.
Please be guided accordingly.
For wide dissemination, information, guidance and compliance.
- Clarifications and Additional Information to DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2016 (School Year (SY) 2015-2016 End of School Year Rites)
- Pointers to Minimize Administrative Complaints Against Teachers and School Heads