February 23, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 034, s. 2018
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2017 PHILIPPINE EDUCATIONAL PLACEMENT TEST NATIONAL ADMINISTRATION
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The 2017 Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) will be administered by the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA) in designated examination centers nationwide in two clusters with corresponding schedule:
Luzon – April 22, 2018
Visayas and Mindanao – April 29, 2018
2. Registration of applicants for the regular examination will be held in the schools division offices (SDOs) from February 9 to March 31, 2018. The Excel file will be forwarded to all Division Testing Coordinators (DTC) to facilitate smooth registration and item placement generation.
3. A report on the total number of registered applicants in every testing center in all SDOs shall be submitted to the BEA Office of the Director, through the Education Assessment Division, on or before April 6, 2018 by the designated DTC. Only those who submitted their report on the total number of registered PEPT applicants on or before the deadline of submission will be allocated with test materials and corresponding funds.
4. Prospective registrants are Filipino citizens who are:
a. learners from nonformal and informal education programs;
b. learners who have incomplete or no record of formal schooling;
c. learners with back subjects (one failed subject in the following learning areas: English, Filipino, Math, Science, and Araling Panlipunan;
d. learners who need grade level standard assessment;
e. learners who are overage for their grade level; and
f. learners from schools without government permit.
5. They should submit the requirements stated below when they register.
Birth Certificate – Issued by the NSO or Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated (original and 1 photocopy). In the absence of a birth certificate, a barangay certification must be submitted by the applicant.
ID Pictures with Name Tag – 2 pieces, identical, and recently taken (size 1”x1”) photo
School Records – Original and 1 photocopy
Elementary Level: Form 137 (Transcript of Records with school seal and signature of the principal/registrar) or Form 138 (Report Card with school seal and signature of the principal/registrar)
Secondary Level: Form 137
Additional Requirement – Endorsement from the DepEd Regional Office.
The designated DTC shall request an endorsement from the DepEd Regional Offices, and shall be attached to the documents of the applicants.
6. For learners from private schools, designated registration officers (DTCs) are requested to verify through LIS if the school where the learner comes from has a government permit. In cases where the private school does not have a DepEd permit to operate, the DTC must identify the learner’s completed last level and secure an endorsement from the Regional Office.
7. A non-re fundable fee of fifty (P50.00) for regular examination shall be charged to each applicant.
8. Effectivity of promotion or entry to school of those who passed the grade/year level shall be done during the first semester of School Year 2018-2019. Grade 10 passers can opt to enroll in the Second Semester for Grade 11.
9. Guidelines and other pertinent rules and regulations relative to the overall management and administration of the test, the registration of applicants, collection and remittance of registration fees, and allocation of test materials and cash advances will be discussed during the national orientation-conference and workshop for PEPT Regional and Division Testing Coordinators to be conducted by the Education Assessment Division.
10. For more information, contact the Bureau of Education Assessment-Education Assessment Division (BEA-EAD), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 2nd Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 631-2589 or through email address: email@example.com.
11. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES