September 11, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 145, s. 2017
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD) and the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), announces the Results of the 2016 Principals’ Test, administered simultaneously in 26 testing centers nationwide on April 9, 2017.
2. In order to pass the examination, test takers must have obtained at least 70% correct answers in all domains. The examination consisted of situational critical thinking questions relevant to the role of a school head, anchored on the domains of the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads (NCBSSH) stipulated in DepEd Order No. 32, s. 2010, namely:
|Code||National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads Domains||Item||Score of at least 70%|
|SL||School Leadership (20%)||40||28|
|IL||Instructional Leadership (20%)||40||28|
|CSCLC||Creating a Student-Centered Learning Climate (10%)||20||14|
|HRMPD||Human Resource Management and Professional Development (15%)||30||21|
|PICP||Parents Involvement and Community Partnership (10%)||20||14|
|SMO||School Management and Operations (15%)||30||21|
|PPAIE||Personal and Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Effectiveness (10%)||20||14|
3. Enclosed is the list of the 2016 Principals’ Test passers. The list will also be available on the DepEd Website: www.deped.gov.ph and BHROD Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DepEdBHROD. The individual Certificate of Rating (COR) of all the test takers will be forwarded to the Regional Offices c/o their respective Quality Assurance Division.
4. This is to reiterate Paragraph No. 7 of DepEd Memorandum No. 80, s. 2016 which states that:
Beginning 2018, Principals’ Test applicants shall only be allowed to take the examination for three consecutive times. Applicants who did not pass consecutively in the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 shall undergo a specialized preparatory course before they will be allowed to apply again.
5. Please be informed that the Department shall not entertain request for rechecking of examination papers and appeal for calibration of scores.5. Please be informed that the Department shall not entertain request for rechecking of examination papers and appeal for calibration of scores.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizationl Development-Human Resource and Development Division (BHROD-HRDD), 4th Floor, Mabini Building, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at [email protected]
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES