June 28, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 105, s. 2016
SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (SHS) TRAINING OF TEACHERS FOR THE K TO 12 BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAM
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. In line with Republic Act (RA) No. 10533 or the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013 and the implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Curriculum Development (BCD), in coordination with the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), the Teacher Education Council Secretariat (TECS), and the Regional Offices (ROs) shall conduct the Senior High School (SHS) Training of Teachers (TOT) for the K to 12 Basic Education Program in two phases:
a. National Training of Trainers (NTOT)
b. Mass Training of Teachers (MTOT)
(Exclusive of Travel Time)
|National Training of Trainers||• To build the capacity of trainers to conduct the TOT|
• To familiarize trainers with the training design and the session guides
• To simulate the conduct of the different sessions
|Technical-Vocational Livelihood (TVL)||Trainers from Region/Division/ School||April 25 to 29, 2016||DAP, Tagaytay City|
|-||-||General / Common Topics||NEAP Trainers from the Region/ Division / School||April 25 to 29, 2016||ECOTECH Center, Cebu City|
3. Details of the SHS MTOT are as follows:
a. The participants in the training shall be the SHS teachers who have been hired and have reported on their first day of service in public secondary schools. The summary of the number of teachers to be trained in every region is reflected in Enclosure No. 2.
b. The schedule of the MTOT is as follows:
(Exclusive of Travel Time)
|Mass Training of Teachers on Common Topics||To provide teachers with concrete understanding of common topics||• Academic|
• Arts and Design
|Teachers of all tracks||Between May 2016 and March 2017||To be identified by the ROs|
|Mass Training of Teachers on the TVL Track, Academic Track, Arts and Design Track, Sports Track and Physical Education (PE) and Health and Personal Development||To provide teachers with concrete understanding of the Curriculum Frameworks, Learning Standards and Competencies, Teaching Plans and Assessments||TVL||Teachers of TVL Specializations||Between May 2016 and March 2017||To be identified by the ROs|
|-||-||Academic||Teachers of Core, Applied and Specialized Subjects||Between May 2016 and March 2017||To be identified by the ROs|
|-||-||Arts and Design||Teachers of Applied and Arts and Design Specialized Subjects||May 18-30, 2016||BP Makiling, Los Banos, Laguna|
|-||-||Sports||Teachers of Applied and Sports Specialized Subjects||June 1-10, 2016||TICC, Tagaytay City|
|-||-||Academic (PE and Health and Personal Development)||Teachers of PE and Health and Personal Development||May 27-June 2, 2016|
June 5-11, 2016
|ECOTECH Center, Lahug, Cebu City|
Baguio Teachers Camp, Baguio City
c. The teachers shall be trained by a pool of trainers from DepEd and partner institutions including Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and the National Commission on Culture and the Arts (NCCA), together with the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).
d. The Regional Directors (RDs) and the Schools Division Superintendents (SDSs) shall ensure that the teachers prioritize the training over other activities.
e. The Regional Offices shall conduct the SHS MTOT on Common Topics and TVL Track in batches of sixty (60) teachers. Likewise, the ROs shall either engage the services of the HEIs that appear in Enclosure No. 3 to conduct the SHS MTOT on the Academic Track or they may conduct the training and invite HEI subject experts to serve as resource persons. The ROs shall be guided by the SHS Teacher Groupings contained in Enclosure No. 4.
f. The ROs shall make necessary arrangements to complete the training reflected in the Regional Training Implementation Plan (RTIP) during the School Year 2016-2017. Moreover, the Schools Division Offices (SDOs) shall organize special classes to discuss the walkthrough of Curriculum Guides (CGs) for teachers hired after June 13, 2016 following the RTIP, charged against local funds.
4. The funds for the MTOT shall be drawn from DepEd’s Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds covering board and lodging of participants, travel expenses of the management staff, trainers and resource persons (RPs), honoraria of RPs, training materials and administrative cost of training, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and procedures.
5. Funds for MTOT of Common Topics, Academic Track and TVL Track shall be downloaded to the ROs. Travel expenses of the participants shall be charged against local funds. Funding for the training per track are detailed in Enclosure Nos. 6A-6C while the summary of budget allocation and utilization guidelines are found in Enclosure No. 6D.
6. Below are the Enclosures for the guidance of all concerned.
Enclosure No. 5A – Training Matrix of the SHS MTOT on Common Topics
Enclosure No. 5B – Training Matrix of the SHS MTOT on the TVL Track
Enclosure No. 5C – Training Matrix of the SHS MTOT on the Academic Track
Enclosure No. 5D – Training Matrix of the SHS MTOT on Arts and Design Track
Enclosure No. 5E – Training Matrix of the SHS MTOT on the Sports Track
Enclosure No. 5F – Training Matrix of the SHS MTOT on PE and Health and Personal Development
Enclosure No. 6A – Estimated Budgetary Requirement of SHS MTOT on Common Topics
Enclosure No. 6B – Estimated Budgetary Requirements of SHS MTOT on the TVL Track
Enclosure No. 6C – Estimated Budgetary Requirement of SHS MTOT on the Academic Track
Enclosure No. 6D – Budget Allocation by region and Fund Utilization for the Senior High School (SHS0 Mass Training of Teachers (MTOT)
Annex 1 – Memorandum of Agreement with HEI Template
Annex 2 – Financial Report Template
7. Participants and trainers shall be entitled to service credits in accordance with DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on the Grant of Vacation Sendee Credits to Teachers. On the other hand, non-teaching personnel, including the management staff shall be provided with Compensatory Time-Off (CTO) per Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Joint Circular No. 2, s. 2004 on Non-Monetary Remuneration for Overtime Service Rendered.
8. For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Curriculum Development, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office at 3/F, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, at telephone no. (02) 636-5095, telefax no. (02) 633-7267, or through email at [email protected]
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
(Enclosure No. 1 to DepEd Memorandum No. 105, s. 2016)
Criteria in the Selection of NTOT Trainers
The following are the criteria in the selection of trainers. They shall:
- have been a learning area specialists or have taught the learning area for at least 4 years;
- have been involved in previous trainings as trainers/facilitators/writers for the K to 12 for DepEd trainers. For Non-DepEd trainers, they should have been involved in previous trainings as trainers in their respective areas;
- possess excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- be physically healthy as certified by a government physician; and
- not be more than 55 years old.
[scribd id=317150383 key=key-9aeeDA4sLQkxvdGj0mIf mode=scroll]
- DM 103, s. 2016 – Winners in the Seventh ASEAN National Quiz Competition
- DM 102, s. 2016 – Observance of the Internatiomal Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- DM 101, s. 2016 – Reminding All Schools to Conduct Student-Led School Watching and Hazard Mapping