In support of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between Goethe-institut Philippinen and the Department of Education (DepEd), the Science Film Festival 2015 with the theme Light will be conducted from October 19 to December 9, 2015.
The Festival aims to promote science literacy and to enhance awareness of contemporary scientific, technological and environmental issues through the medium of film and television content. The mechanics for the Science Film Festival screening are contained in Enclosure No. 1.
The learners from both public and private secondary schools particularly the Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) and the Science, Technology and Engineering (STE) implementing schools are invited to watch the films. The regional science education program supervisors will coordinate the conduct of the Festival and will retrieve 20 accomplished survey forms per school with the summary of the number of learners by school who participated in the activity for submission to Directory Jocelyn DR Andaya, Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE). The list of participating schools is found in Enclosure No. 2.
Participation of schools shall be subject to the no-disruption-of-classes policy stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, . 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task. The activity is also subject to the no-collection policy as stated in Section 3 of Republic Act No. 5546, An Act Prohibiting the Sale of Tickets and/or the Collection of Contributions for Whatever Project or Purpose from Students and Teachers of Public and Private Schools, Colleges and Universities (Ganzon Law).
Operational costs, including communications, shall be charged to the BSE Funds. On the other hand, other expenses relative to the conduct of the festival in participating schools shall be charged to the 2015 Program Support Funds.
For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Grae T. Panganiban or Mr. Shadin Kitma of the Goethe-Institut at telephone nos. (02) 840-5723 to 24.
MECHANICS FOR SCIENCE FILM FESTIVAL SCREENING
- Room equipped with screen and video player (DVD player or computer/laptop)
- Films (in DVD Format)
- Pre or Post Screening Activity Guide (Games and or Experiments)
- Survey Forms (children must have pens for answering the survey form)
- Teacher or Guide to facilitate the viewing, activities and survey.
- Record the total number of children who attended the screening.
1. Reception and work instruction:
The teacher or Guide introduces the Science Film Festival and briefly explains the films to be screened.
2. Screening of the Film
Please let the children watch the complete film without interruption
3. Facilitation of the Activity (Pre or Post Screening fun games and experiments)
This is to reinforce the information from the film. Please refer to the Activity Guide.
4. Distribution of the Survey Form (for selected schools or venues only)
The children fill out the questionnaire anonymously and should not look at the form of their neighbors, but respond to the questions independently to the best of their knowledge. Lack of knowledge or mistakes is not a problem but give the evaluation team important hints.
5. Collection of Survey Forms (for selected schools or venues only)
Put in a closed envelope properly labeled with the country and class or group name.
6. DepEd Regional Offices must submit all collected survey forms together with the films to the DepEd Central Office on or before 11 December 2015.