2016 Special Program in Sports (SPS) Activities
DM 6, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Curriculum Development (BCD), shall conduct the following activities of the Special Program in Sports (SPS):
|Activity||Date and Venue||Participant|
|Training on the Physical Fitness Tests (PFT)||January 19-22, 2016 Baguio Teachers Camp Baguio City||Regional and Schools Division Supervisors Sports Coordinators|
|Training on the Three-Level Coaching on the Special Program in Sports (Third Level)||January 25-29, 2016 Baguio Teachers Camp Baguio City||Regional and Schools Division Supervisors Sports Coordinators School Heads (SHs) Teachers Implementing the SPS|
|Training in Coaching for Beginners||May 16-20, 2016 Baguio Teachers Camp Baguio City||Sports Coordinators Teachers implementing the SPS|
2. The objectives of the Training on the Physical Fitness Tests (PFT) are to:
a. enhance the participants’ knowledge of and skills in administering the PFT;
b. set PFT norms for Filipino learners; and
c. develop regional training plans (RTPs) on PFT.
3. The participants in the Training are the 17 Regional Physical Education and School Sports (PESS)/Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health (MAPEH) supervisors, 12 schools division PESS/MAPEH supervisors per region, and two sports coordinators per region. Participants are requested to bring the results of the PFT pre- and post-test in their respective regions/divisions.
4. The Training on Three-Level Coaching in the Special Program in Sports (Third Level) is the last in a series of trainings for coaches implementing the SPS. Completers of the Three-Level Coaching will be certified to coach a team at the regional or national level.
5. The objectives of the Training are to:
a. certify participants as regional/national coaches;
b. further enhance their knowledge and skills on the new trends; strategies in coaching sports; and
c. develop training plan for student athletes.
6. The participants of the Training are one regional sports supervisor, one schools division sports supervisor, school sports coordinators, school heads, and coaches who passed the Second Level Coaching conducted in 2014 listed in Enclosure No. 1. The coaches are required to bring a certification from the SHs that they have participated in any sports competition at the schools division level.
7. For the Training on Three-Level Coaching, a registration fee of Five Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P 5,500.00) shall be charged to each participant to cover board and lodging, fare of participants going to and coming from the training venue, supplies and materials, sports venue rental, and other incidental expenses relative to the activity. The registration fee and travel expenses of participants shall be charged to Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE)/School Education Fund (SEF) or local funds, while board and lodging, travel expenses of training staff, and honoraria of resource persons shall be charged to the BSE Policy Formulation Funds as provided for in the 2015 DepEd General Appropriations, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
8. The regional/division office is requested to send the confirmation of their participants using the enclosed confirmation form to email address: [email protected] on or before January 18, 2016.
9. For pre-registration of participants, payments may be deposited on or before January 18, 2016 to:
Account Name: DECS OSEC
Trust Bank: Landbank of the Philippines
Branch: DepEd -Pasig Branch’ Current Account No.: 0672-1000-20
10. A scanned copy of the deposit slip with names of payees clearly indicated must be sent to email address: [email protected] on or before January 18, 2016.
11. The Training on Coaching for Beginners addresses the needs of teachers who are beginners and who have not had any experience in coaching. They shall be trained in terms of coaching skills to assist them as coaches.
12. The objective of the Training is to build the capacity of participants in basic coaching and strategies in coaching.
13. The participants of the Training are one regional sports coordinator and 17 new SPS teachers per region.
14. The participants who will attend the activities are expected to arrive at the venue for the registration one day prior to the conduct of the activity.
15. Format for confirmation of attendance is provided in Enclosure No. 2. The list of confirmed participants should be approved and endorsed by the regional/schools division office.
16. The Training designs are provided in Enclosure No. 3.
17. For more information, all concerned may contact the Director (Attention: Ms. Rosa Ligaya C. Domingo), Bureau of Curriculum Development (BCD), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 3rd Floor, Bonifacio Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telefax nos. (02) 636-5173; (02) 632-7586; (02) 835-9822 or email to [email protected]
18. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BRO. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC