September 01, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 138, s. 2016
2017 Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars of the Philippine High School for the Arts
1. The Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA), a government-run special secondary school for young artists, is conducting the 2017 Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (ANSYAS), hence it is now accepting applications for full Special K to 12 Secondary Scholarship for School Year 2017-2018.
2. The 2017 ANSYAS aims to:
a. identify and develop artistically gifted and talented children to become artists of excellence in the fields of dance, music, theater and visual arts; and
b. ensure a continuing source of artists of excellence and leaders in the preservation, conservation and promotion of the Filipino artistic and cultural traditions.
3. Applicants must be Filipino citizens who can meet the following requirements:
a. Grade 6 pupil at the time of application in a public or private school;
b. Not older than 14 years upon enrolment on June 10, 2017;
c. Fully accomplished PHSA Scholarship Application Form;
d. Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Office;
e. Photocopy of Grade 5 or Grade 6 Report Card; and
f. One-page resume citing accomplishment in the art field of their respective interests.
4. The successful applicants will be awarded full scholarship which includes free tuition fee, free board and lodging (with weekend home leave with parents or a designated legal guardian), classes with master teachers, monthly stipend, free ticket to shows, events and performances at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, opportunity to get training, to meet and interact with outstanding world class artists, visiting foreign and chance to represent the country and the school in international festivals, competitions and exchange programs. The scholarship grant is renewable every year for four to six consecutive school years upon satisfaction of academic and nonacademic requirements.
5. Interested applicants may directly send their accomplished application forms and other requirements by mail, email, or by personally submitting them to the Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (ANSYAS) Committee, Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA), National Center, Mt. Makiling, Los Banos 4030, Laguna. The PHSA Scholarship Form is enclosed.
6. The screening of applicants will be conducted in specified regional testing centers below:
7. Applicants who will qualify in the preliminary evaluation will be notified by the PHSA to inform them to proceed to the live audition. For live audition requirements, enclosed is the file for reference.
8. For more information, all concerned may contact anyone of the following:
Shirley de Quiros
Coordinator, Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (ANSYAS) ANSYAS Office
Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA)
Mt. Makiling, Los Banos, Laguna Telefax No.: (049) 536-5973 Mobile Phone No.: 0917-866-3097 Email Address: [email protected]
Ronnie B. Mirabuena
Officer-in-Charge Audience Development Division Arts Education Department Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP)
Telephone No.: (02) 832-1125 local 1602
Telefax No.: (02) 833-0267
Email Address: [email protected]
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES