October 26, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 174, s. 2017
2017 PRINCIPALS’ TEST
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD) and the Quality Assurance Divisions of the Regional Offices (RO-QAD), shall administer the 2017 Principals’ Test on December 17, 2017.
2. Passing the Principals’ Test is one of the requirements for appointment to Principal and Assistant Principal positions in all public elementary and secondary schools, pursuant to the following DepEd Orders (DOs):
a. DO 42, s. 2007 entitled The Revised Guidelines on Selection, Promotion and Designation of School Heads;
b. DO 97, s. 2011 entitled Revised Guidelines on the Allocation and Reclassification of School Head Positions; and
c. DO 41, s. 2016 entitled Additional Guidelines to DepEd Order No. 19, s. 2016 (Guidelines on the Organizational Structures and Staffing Patterns of Stand-alone and Integrated Public Senior High Schools (SHS).
3. To qualify for the test, applicants must meet any of the following experience requirements by November 30, 2017:
a. One year as Head Teacher; or
b. Two years as Teacher-in-Charge or Master Teacher; or
c. Five years as Teacher III or Special Education (SPED) Teacher; or
d. Five years as incumbent public school teacher with five years of managerial and supervisory experience in a DepEd-recognized private institution or Commission on Higher Education (CHED)-recognized higher education institution.
4. The test shall cover the competencies anchored on the domains of the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads (NCBSSH) stipulated in DO 32, s. 2010 entitled National Adoption and Implementation of the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads. It shall serve as a mechanism for determining the readiness of the aspiring School Head to take on the role as a School Leader, Instructional Leader, and School Manager. As such, the domains are clustered into three, namely:
a. School Leader
i. School Leadership
ii. Personal and Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Effectiveness
b. Instructional Leader
i. Instructional Leadership
ii. Creating Student-Centered Learning Climate
c. School Manager
i. School Management and Operations
ii. Human Resource Management and Professional Development
iii. Parent Involvement and Community Partnership
5. In order to pass the test, takers must obtain a rating of at least 70% in each of the three clustered domains. Official Results shall be released through a DepEd Memorandum followed by the distribution of printed Certificates of Rating to all test takers through the RO-QAD.
6. The following are the schedules in relation to the 2017 Principals’ Test:
|October 23-27, 2017||Regional Orientation for the Division Coordinators and ITOs on the Online Application|
|October 30-November 10, 2017||Online Application|
|October 30-November 17, 2017||Evaluation and Validation of Documents|
|November 13-17, 2017||Determination of Testing Venues|
|November 20, 2017||Release of the Final List of Examinees and Testing Venues Through a Regional Memorandum|
7. To ensure orderly application and to guide applicants and offices involved in the preparation and administration of the test, BHROD provides the detailed guidelines on the conduct of the 2017 Principals’ Test enclosed in this Memorandum.
8. Applicants who failed to pass the 2015 and 2016 Principals’ Tests and will be unable to pass the 2017 examination shall be required to undergo a specialized preparatory course before applying for the test. Guidelines on the implementation of the said intervention will be issued soon.
9. For further inquiries, contact:
The Human Resource and Development Division
Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development
Department of Education Central Office
DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Email Address: [email protected]
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BHROD/
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
[scribd id=362667855 key=key-n3NUWiu4ObCWszzVjIKa mode=scroll]
2017 Principals’ Test NQESH Online Review
Taking the 2017 Principals’ Test/NQESH? Let’s put your name in the list of passers! Allow us to help you through TeacherPH.
Spend your vacant time reviewing with us anytime, anywhere! Our site and android application is accessible anytime you need it. We’ll provide answers to your questions and give solutions to your problems regarding the examination.