March 13, 2019
DepEd Memorandum No. 29, s. 2019
2019 Oplan Balik Eskwela
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
The Department of Education (DepEd) will launch the National Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) for School Year (SY) 2019-2020 on May 27, 2019, 8:00 a.m. at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd Central Office, Pasig City. The Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) is DepEd’s annual initiative to engage agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders in preparation for the opening of the school year. This will run from May 27 to June 7, 2019.
What is Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE)?
The Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) is part of the Department’s efforts to ensure that learners are properly enrolled and able to attend school on the first day of classes. The OBE aims to address problems, queries and other concerns commonly encountered by the public at the start of the school year.
2019 Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) components:
Convergence. The Department shall coordinate with the following government agencies involved in school opening matters to assemble the annual OBE Inter-Agency Task Force (OBE-IATF):
- Department of Energy (DOE);
- Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG);
- Department of Health (DOH);
- Department of National Defense (DND);
- Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH);
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI);
- Department of Transportation (DOTr);
- Manila Electric Company (MERALCO);
- Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS);
- Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA);
- Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA); and
- Philippine National Police (PNP).
The OBE-IATF meeting and orientation will be on May 8, 2019.
Command Conference. A Command Conference among the DepEd officials, partner agencies from the public and private sectors, media, and other stakeholders will be held at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd Central Office (CO) on May 27, 2019.
Communication. DepEd shall provide the public with important information through press releases, media interviews, website posting, updates on the official DepEd Facebook and Twitter accounts, and other available media.
Client Assistance. An OBE Public Assistance Command Center (PACC) shall be set up at the central, regional, and schools division offices through its Public Affairs Unit (PAU).
Functions of the Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) – Public Assistance Command Center (PACC)
The OBE-PACC shall serve as an information and complaints processing and routing mechanism. It shall perform the following functions:
(1) Receive, process, and respond to simple queries, information requests, and complaints from the general public, including those forwarded by other DepEd offices;
(2) Assist in the dissemination and clarification of DepEd policies, programs, projects, and processes, particularly those relevant to the opening of classes;
(3) Correctly identify and coordinate with the concerned DepEd offices on complex concerns that will require the specific offices’ appropriate action; and
(4) Monitor, document, and submit reports on all issues and concerns received by the OBE-PACC, including the action taken.
Services of the Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE)-PACC
Each OBE-PACC shall ensure that the following are available to the public for the duration of OBE:
(2) Email, social media (Facebook, Messenger, Twitter), and Text Messaging Service;
(3) Walk-in Assistance; and
(4) Legal Assistance (if applicable).
Composition of Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE)-PACC at the Central Office (CO)
The DepEd CO OBE-PACC shall be set up on May 25, 2019, Saturday at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd CO. The following offices/units are enjoined to actively participate and assign representative(s):
(1) Office of the Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones
(a) Internal Audit Service
(b) International Cooperation Office
(2) Office of the Undersecretary Jesus L.R. Mateo
(a) Planning Service
(b) Field Operations
(jointly with OlC-Undersecretary Revsee A. Escobedo)
(c) Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development
(i) Human Resource Development Division
(ii) Organization Effectiveness Division
(iii) School Effectiveness Division
(3) Office of the Undersecretary Lorna D. Dino
(4) Office of Assistant Secretary Alma C. Torio
(a) Bureau of Curriculum Development
(b) Bureau of Learning Delivery
(c) Bureau of Education Assessment
(d) Bureau of Learning Resources
(e) Teacher Education Council Secretariat
(f) Literacy Coordinating Council Secretariat
(g) Indigenous Peoples Education Office
(5) Office of OlC-Undersecretary Revsee A. Escobedo
(a) Field Operations
(jointly with binder secretary Jesus L.R. Mateo)
(b) Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development
(i) Personnel Division
(ii) Employee Welfare Division
(6) Office of Undersecretary Annalyn M. Sevilla
(7) Office of OIC-Assistant Secretary Ramon Fiel G. Abcede
(a) Finance Service
(b) Education Program Delivery Unit
(8) Office of Undersecretary Alain Del B. Pascua
(9) Office of Assistant Secretary Salvador C. Malana III
(a) Administrative Service
(b) Information and Communications Technology Service
(c) Bureau and Learner Support Services
(d) Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service
(10) Office of OlC-Undersecretary Josephine G. Maribojoc
(11) Office of OIC-Assistant Secretary Rhoan G.L. Orebia
(a) Legal Service
(b) Sites Titling Office
(12) Office of Undersecretary Tonisito M.C. Umali
(a) Legislative Liaison Office
(b) External Partnerships Service
(c) Project Management Service
(13) Office of Assistant Secretary G.H. S. Ambat
(a) Public Affairs Service
(b) Alternative Learning System Program and Task Force
(14) Office of Assistant Secretary Salvador Malana III
(a) Procurement Management Service
The participants or volunteers of the OBE are directed to attend the national orientation on April 15-16, 2019 at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd CO, Pasig City.
The OBE implementation shall be under the general supervision of the Undersecretary for Planning and Field Operations, Jesus L.R. Mateo, and the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs Service and Alternative Learning System Program, and Task Force, G.H. S. Ambat, as co-chairs of the Oplan Balik Eskwela 2019.
All expenses incurred during this activity shall be charged to General Administrative Support Services (GASS) Funds, and the payment for the services of the concerned personnel during the Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE), in addition to their regular workload, shall be charged to OSEC Funds for CO personnel, and to local funds for regional and schools division personnel, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
All DepEd personnel are enjoined to support this activity to ensure the smooth opening of classes.
For more information, contact:
Public Affairs Service-Communications Division
Department of Education Central Office
DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 636-1663; (02) 633-7254
Telefax No.: (02) 638-8641
Mobile Phone No.: 0919-456-0027
Email Addresses: [email protected]v.ph; [email protected]
Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Download DepEd Memorandum No. 29, s. 2019