May 30, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 88, s. 2016
CONDUCT OF GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
1. Pursuant to Executive Order No. 273 entitled Approving and Adopting the Philippine Plan for Gender-Responsive Development, 1995-2025 that directs all agencies to institutionalize gender and development (GAD) activities in government, and Republic Act No. 9710, otherwise known as the Magna Carta of Women, that mandates gender mainstreaming and gender-responsiveness in all agencies’ programs, activities, projects and policies, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Central Office GAD Focal Point System (GFPS), will conduct the following activities with respective dates, venues and participants:
|Activity||Batch||Date and Venue||Participants|
|Consultative Workshop on Gender-Fair Education||1 |
|June 14-16, 2016 within the area of Metro Manila||Selected GFPS members from Central Office and Regional Offices|
Visayas and Mindanao
|June 28-30, 2016 ECOTECH Center Cebu City|
|Gender-Fair Education Policy Enhancement Workshop||1|
|July 12-14, 2016 within the area of Subic, Olongapo City||Selected GFPS members from Central Office and Schools Division Offices|
Visayas and Mindanao
|July 26-28, 2016 within the area of Davao City|
|Development of Quality Assurance and Monitoring and Evaluation (QuAME) Framework and Tool for Gender-Responsiveness in Education||1|
|August 9-11, 2016 within the area of Metro Manila||Selected GFPS members from Central Office, Regional Offices and Schools Division Offices|
Visayas and Mindanao
|August 23-25, 2016 within the area of Davao City|
2. The activities aim to develop an omnibus policy on gender-fair education and a mechanism to ensure gender-responsiveness of the DepEd’s policies, programs, projects and activities. It is also the goal of the activities to elicit policy recommendations in two areas:
a. Curriculum instruction and assessment that covers the curriculum framework, learners, learning assessment, teaching and nonteaching personnel, instructional materials, learning environment, and advocacy and program management; and
b. Governance and operations that covers human resource development, business processes, planning and budgeting, and staff and learner support services among others.
3. The program for each workshop and list of expected participants are enclosed. Each activity shall have different participants from the Regional Offices (ROs) and Schools Division Offices (SDOs). RO and SDO participants shall attend only one activity.
4. Expenses relative to the aforementioned activities such as board and lodging of the management staff and secretariat, CO GFPS members, resource persons, facilitators and participants, professional fees of resource persons, contingency, supplies and materials, and other incidental expenses shall be charged to the Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds stated in the 2015 Continuing Appropriations. Transportation expenses of the CO GFPS members, resource persons, facilitators, and management staff and secretariat shall likewise be charged to the HRTD Funds, whereas the transportation expenses of the regional and schools division offices participants shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
5. For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Maria Elena B. Deacosta, or Mr. Noel Dorado, National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, Second Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through telefax no. (02) 635-4796, or through email address: [email protected]
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
DINA S. OCAMPO
- DO 33, s. 2016 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the 2016 Every Child a Reader Program Funds for the Early Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program: Professional Development Component
- DM 87, s. 2016 – Office Hourse for Muslims During the Month of Ramadan