Schools at all levels in this division shall not engage utility personnel for the maintenance of cleanliness of instructional rooms. Cleanliness and orderliness of the instructional rooms must be maintained by the learners with the guidance of their teachers. This is to promote respect, responsibility, discipline, emphasized equality and promote lifelong learning.
To ensure cleanliness and orderliness of the instructional rooms, this division issues the following guidelines:
DepEd Quezon City Guidelines on Classroom Cleaning
- List of daily cleaners shall be posted at the back of the classroom door.
- No harmful cleaning chemicals shall be used by the learners.
- Proper cleaning demonstration to learners is required.
- Learners from Kinder to Grade III shall not carry heavy classroom materials.
- Learners with medical condition should be given light cleaning load
- Proper hand washing after classroom cleaning is required.
- For schools that offer one shift, cleaning shall be done after class;
- For schools that offer two or more shifts, cleaning shall be done for less than ten (10) minutes after class and during recess;
- Learners and teachers are not required to bring cleaning materials.
- The school shall provide or find partners that will sponsor the cleaning materials.
These guidelines are formulated to lessen the burden of teachers in maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the instructional rooms and to promote to our learners that “Cleaning is a duty held by all”.
Immediate and wide dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.