January 25, 2015
DepEd Memorandum No. 12, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- To provide the Department of Education (DepEd) with an additional tool in measuring the effectiveness of the Enhanced Basic Education Curriculum and its delivery systems, the Philippines is intending to participate in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) in 2018. PISA is an international large-scale assessment that is conducted every three years.
- It aims to evaluate educational systems worldwide by testing the skills and knowledge of 15-year old students in Reading, Mathematics, and Science with a focus of one subject in each year of assessment. For 2018, the focus of study will be Reading. Assessments of creative problem-solving and financial literacy are also given as optional assessments to participating countries.
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, Dr. Nelia V. Benito, has been designated by the undersigned as PISA National Program Manager, effective January 1, 2016.
- As the PISA National Program Manager, Dr. Benito is responsible for undertaking all tasks related to the development and implementation of PISA in the country.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC