The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) announces the opening of application for Academic Year 2020-2021 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program in the United States from March 1 to June 7, 2019.
The Humphrey Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries, including the Philippines, to the United States at a mid-point in their careers for 10 months of study and related practical professional experiences. Fellowships are granted competitively to candidates with a commitment to public service in both the public and private sectors. The program is designed to meet the requirements of policy makers, planners, and managers who have a public service orientation, are committed to their country’s development, and have demonstrated leadership potential.
Applicants may come from the following areas:
- Agricultural and rural development
- Economic development
- Educational administration, planning and policy
- Finance and banking
- Higher education administration
- HIV/AIDS policy and prevention
- Human resource management
- Law and human rights
- Natural resources, environmental policy and climate change
- Public health policy and management
- Public policy analysis, and public administration
- Substance abuse education, treatment and prevention
- Teaching of English as Foreign language
- Technology policy and management
- Trafficking in persons, policy and prevention
- Urban and regional planning
The Humphrey program is not intended for technicians, research-oriented professionals, or faculty members with no administrative or managerial functions. Candidates should be midcareer professionals committed to public service and should have demonstrated ability to achieve positions of significant responsibility and have the promise of assuming future leadership roles.
The applications forms, basic documents, and confidential letters of reference, and brochure of the program may be downloaded from www.fulbright.org.ph.
Deadline for submission of completed applications is on or before June 7, 2019.
For more information, contact the PAEF Secretariat through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook page: www.facebook.com/philippines.fulbrightommission or at telephone no. (02) 812-0919.