DepEd Memorandum No. 1, s. 2016
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Educational Assessment (BEA), formerly the National Educational Testing and Research Center, shall administer the Language Assessment for Primary Grades (LAPG) and the National Achievement Test for Grade Six (NAT G6) for School Year (SY) 2015-2016 nationwide as indicated in the enclosure of DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2015 entitled School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2015-2016 on the following dates:
|March 8, 2016||LAPG||Grade Three (G3) learners of public schools only (census)|
|March 10, 2016||NAT G6||Grade Six (G6) learners of public and private schools (census)|
2. Only private elementary schools with DepEd-issued permit shall be included in the conduct of the NAT G6. Each NAT G6 examinee shall be issued a Certificate of Rating (COR) containing the actual rating per subject area.
3. The LAPG aims to:
a. evaluate the effectiveness of Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (MTB-MLE) instruction across 19 languages;
b. establish Mother Tongue language development across Philippine languages in the context of the MTB-MLE Program implementation;
c. compare the performance of Grade Three learners on English and Filipino essential skills; and
d. correlate language development across Early Grades Reading Assessment (EGRA), Early Grades Mathematics Assessment (EGMA) and language literacy assessment in the primary grades.
4. The 19 Mother Tongue languages used as medium of teaching and learning instruction (MOTL) in the country are Roko, Kapampangan, Pangasinense, Ivatan, Ibanag, Sambal, Tagalog, Bicol, Akeanon, Hiligaynon, Kiniray-a, Sinigbuanong Binisaya, Waray, Chavacano, Maguindanaon, Meranaw, Surigaonon, Tausug and Yakan.
5. The division testing coordinators (DTCs) are directed to submit to BEA the following data/information on or before January 15, 2016 in printed and electronic copies (Microsoft Excel format) as shown below:
Region: _____________________ Division:______________________
|Name of School||School ID||Mother Tongue Used in the Classroom/School||Enrolment (N) Per Mother Tongue|
6. Likewise, the DTCs who have not yet submitted their enrolment data for NAT G6 must submit it on the same date.
7. The BEA-authorized forwarder/courier shall deliver the test materials at least two weeks before test administration. However, the test materials for the schools divisions of the National Capital Region shall be delivered five days before the test administration.
8. The same forwarder/courier shall retrieve all the test materials one week after the test administration. Hence, all DTCs and private school supervisors (PSSs) are instructed to ensure that the test materials are ready for pick-up/retrieval.
9. The BEA shall conduct the National Conference/ Consultative-Workshop (NCCW) on the Standardized Administration of the LAPG and NAT G6 to update information and resolve issues and concerns on testing.
10. The regional testing coordinators (one from every region), DTCs (one from every schools division), and PSSs (one from every schools division that has at least 20 private elementary schools) are authorized to attend the NCCW.
11. The dates, venues, and clustering of regions for the NCCW shall be announced later through a DepEd Memorandum.
12. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BRO. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC