The Department of Education (DepEd) will conduct the National Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) for School Year (SY) 2021-2022 with the theme: OBE 2021: Bayanihan Para sa Ligtas na Balik Eskwela from September 6 to September 17, 2021, at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd Central Office (CO), DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City. The OBE is a DepEd annual initiative to engage agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders in preparation for the opening of the SY 2021-2022.
The OBE is part of the Department’s effort to ensure that learners are properly enrolled. It aims to address problems, queries, and other concerns commonly encountered by the public at the start of the school year.
Table of Contents
Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) Components:
a. Convergence. Members of the OBE-Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) shall focus on the COVID-19 pandemic situation in relation to the delivery of basic education. Given the current health situation, the Department will be guided by the decisions of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infections Diseases (IATF-MEID) affecting the operations of basic education. The member agencies will perform a critical role by providing guidelines in health and safety, peace and order, transportation, and other forms of support when the school year opens. The members of the OBE-IATF are the following:
- Department of Energy (DOE);
- Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG);
- Department of Health (DOH);
- Department of National Defense (DND);
- Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH);
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI);
- Department of Transportation (DOTr);
- Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT);
- Manila Electric Company (MERALCO);
- Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS);
- Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA);
- Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA);
- Philippine National Police (PNP);
- National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC);
- National Telecommunications Commission (NTC); and
- Presidential Communication Operations Office (PCOO).
b. Command Conference. A Command Conference among the DepEd officials, partner agencies from the public and private sectors, media, and other stakeholders will be held at the Buliuagan ng Karunungan, DepEd CO on September 13, 2021.
c. Communication. DepEd shall provide the public with important information through press releases, media interviews, website posting, updates on the official DepEd Facebook and Twitter accounts, and other available media.
d. Client Assistance. An OBE Public Assistance Command Center (PACC) shall be set up at the central, regional, and schools division offices through its Public Affairs Unit (PAU).
Functions of the OBE-PACC
The OBE-PACC shall serve as an information and complaints processing and routing mechanism. It shall perform the following functions:
- Receive, process, and respond to simple queries, information requests, and complaints from the general public, including those forwarded by other DepEd offices;
- Assist in the dissemination and clarification of DepEd policies, programs, projects, and processes, particularly those relevant to the opening of classes;
- Correctly identify and coordinate with the concerned DepEd offices on complex concerns that will require the specific offices’ appropriate action; and
- Monitor, document, and submit reports on all issues and concerns received by the OBE-PACC, including the action taken.
Services of the OBE-PACC
Each OBE-PACC shall ensure that the following are available to the public for the duration of OBE:
- emails (Hotline 8888, CSC, PCC, PMS, FOI, ARTA, depedaction);
- text messaging service (Smart and Globe);
- social media (Facebook); and
- letters and indorsements.
Composition of OBE-PACC at the Central Office
The OBE implementation shall be under the general supervision of the Undersecretary and Chief of Staff, Nepomuceno A. Malaluan, and Undersecretary Revsee A. Escobedo, Field Operations as co-chairs, and PAS Director June Arvin C. Gudoy, as vice-chair of the Oplan Balik Eskwela 2021. This will be in coordination with all offices in the Central Office.
Composition of OBE-PACC at the regions, schools divisions, and school levels
The composition of OBE committees at the region, schools division, and school levels shall be:
|Co-Chair||Assistant Regional Director|
|Vice-Chair||Regional Information Officer|
|Public Affairs Unit|
|Regional Legal Office|
|Regional Administrative Office Curriculum Division|
|*(Other relevant offices may be included)|
Schools Division Office
|Chair||Schools Division/City Superintendent|
|Co-Chair||Assistant Schools Division/City|
|Vice-Chair||Designated Division Information Officer|
|Information or Public Affairs Office|
|*(Other relevant offices may be included)|
|Chair||Principal or Assistant Principal or Head Teacher|
|Vice-Chair||School Information Coordinator|
|Members||School Admin and other staff|
The OBE shall ensure the implementation of necessary health and safety protocols as the topmost priority of the Department. These include the required health standards, social distancing measures and practicing proper hygiene, DOH health standards, local and national quarantine rules, and all other relevant protocols.
The Term of Reference for the different Committees is enclosed.
All expenses incurred during this activity shall be charged to General Administrative Support Services (GASS) Funds, including the payment for the services of the concerned personnel during the OBE, and to local funds for regional and schools division personnel, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
All DepEd personnel are enjoined to support this activity to ensure the smooth opening of classes.
For more information, please contact:
The Office of the Secretary-Public Affairs Service
Department of Education Central Office
DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telephone Numbers: (02) 8636-1663; (02) 8635-9817; (02) 8638-7529
Telefax Numbers: (02) 8634-0222; (02) 8638-8641
Mobile Phone Numbers: 0919-456-0027; 0995-921-8461
Email Addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; pas. od@deped. gov. ph
2021 DepEd Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE)
Public Assistance Command Center (PACC)
September 6-17, 2021
Terms of Reference
A. The Teleresponders Team shall
- attend to the callers’ queries, complaints, problems or requests, concerning school opening and other education matters;
- provide immediate appropriate actions/solutions for issues/concerns received from callers;
- refer complaints/cases that need immediate investigation to the Legal Team, if necessary; and
- submit the required daily monitoring and afternoon reports to the Secretariat for consolidation and evaluation.
B. The Personel in charge of Emails, Text Messaging Service (SMS) and Social Media (Facebook) shall
- respond to messages received and print the messages, if necessary;
- refer complaints/cases that need immediate investigation to Legal Team, if necessary; and
- submit the required daily morning and afternoon reports to the Secretariat for consolidation and evaluation.
C. The Secretariat and Monitoring Team shall
- oversee and supervise the daily operations of the activity;
- prepare the daily reports for the Secretary’s information based on the submitted teams’ reports;
- print and create video documentation;
- gather and consolidate data from the different committees and prepare daily reports;
- document and finalize the 2021 Oplan Balik Eskwela Terminal Report;
- provide the technical needs of the different teams; and
- assist all other teams, if necessary.
D. The Media Relations Team shall
- set and Coordinate schedules for press conferences;
- prepare media advisories, invites and briefers of the activity for the Executive Committee and stakeholders;
- facilitate the press conference and assist the media;
- attend to media requests for data interviews; and
- coordinate with the partners and stakeholders.
E. The Logistics and Support Team composed of the following sub-committees shall
- handle OBE financial requirements. (Finance Committee)
- take charge of the food to be served during the conduct of OBE and all OBE activities. (Food Committee)
- set up the OBE Command Center at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan following the floor plan;
- maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the OBE Command Center; and
- ensure peace and order during the OBE. (Physical Arrangement/ Set-up, Security, Sound System and Transportation);
- record all guests and participants in OBE, and take daily attendance of committee members (Registration and Attendance); and
- provide the materials and equipment needed for OBE. (Supplies and Equipment).