In line with the new online registration system in place starting July 18, 2012, professionals renewing their professional identification cards (PICs) are advised of the following revised procedures:
RENEWAL AT PRC CENTRAL AND REGIONAL OFFICES
- Professional or duly authorized representative must secure and accomplish a renewal form from the Registration Division and submit one (1) passport size picture with nametag and in white background.
- Professional pays to cashier the renewal fee upon securing his/her printed renewal application. The schedule for claiming the PIC is printed on the lower portion of the printed form.
- On the scheduled date, the professional or his/her duly authorized representative must present claim stub to the Registration Division. He/she shall also present the Official Receipt showing payment of the renewal fee and sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the PIC. When the PIC is claimed by a representative, the said representative must also present together with the official receipt a *letter of authority or **Special Power of Attorney from the professional.
RENEWAL AT SM MALLS
- Professional fills out renewal form at Business Center of any SM Mall.
- He/she pays assessed fee for renewal, photo fee, convenience fee and/or courier service fee, the latter if he/she desires to have the PIC sent through courier to his/her address. Please note that the photo fee, convenience and/or courier fee are payments to SM Mart, Inc. and do not form part of PRC’s fees.
- A professional not availing himself of courier service must claim the PICs on the date indicated in the claim stub. When the PIC is claimed by a representative, the said representative must also present together with the official receipt, a *letter of authority or **Special Power of Attorney from the professional.
A. Professions to submit an updated certificate of good standing from their respective Accredited Professional Organization (APO) are the following:
- Aeronautical Engineers
- Agricultural Engineers
- Customs Brokers
- Electrical Engineers
- Electronics Engineers
- Geodetic Engineers
- Guidance and Counseling
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Architects
- Mechanical Engineers
- Real Estate Services
*PRC-registered professional acting as representatives may transact with PRC upon presentation of Authorization Letter and his/her professional ID.
**Representatives filing the application and claiming the professional ID in behalf of the professional must present Special Power of Attorney and valid identification of the professional and the representative.