DepEd Order No. , s. 2010
REVISED GUIDELINES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CAREER PROGRESSION SYSTEM FOR MASTER TEACHERS
Schools Division/ City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
1. The promotion to Master Teacher positions as a continuing career and development program for public school teachers is in recognition of the vital role of effective teachers towards quality education.
2. The reclassification of teachers to Master Teacher I positions was initially authorized under MEC Order No. 10 dated January 31, 1979 for the implementation of Executive Order (EO) No. 500 dated March 21, 1978, entitled “Establishing a New System of Career Progression for Public School Teachers”. The following issuances have been promulgated to clarify and further implement the system:
- National Budget Circular No. 303 dated April 10, 1979 on Rules and Procedures for the Implementation of EO No. 500 dated March 21,1978
- National Compensation Circular No. 24 dated May 20, 1983 on Further Implementation of the Career Progression System for Public School Teachers
- MECS Order No. 62, dated December 9, 1983 on Further Implementation of the Career Progression System for Public School Teachers (Master Teacher Plan)
- MECS Order No. 1, dated January 2, 1985 on Additional Master Teachers Positions
- DECS Order No. 70, dated July 26, 1988 on Revised Policy on Master Teacher for Secondary Schools
- DECS Order No. 57, dated August 1. 1997 on Further Implementation of the Career Progression System for Master Teachers
3. In adherence to the established standards for a competency based measure of performance of teachers (CB-PAST), there is a need to further improve the existing guidelines on the procedure and criteria for evaluation of candidates. The following annexes to enclosure 1 of this Order are to be used:
Annex A – Minimum Qualifications/Requirements
Annex B – Outstanding Accomplishments
Annex C – Criteria for Evaluation of Candidates
4. All issuances inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby rescinded.
5. Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Br. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC