July 12, 2019
DepEd Order No. 16, s. 2019
Table of Contents
AMENDMENT TO DECS ORDER NO. 7, S. 1999 (Policies on Selection/Appointment and Transfer/ Reassignment of DECS Regional Officials)
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) hereby issues this Order on the policy of reassignment of third level officials in the regional and schools division offices, thereby amending DECS Order No. (DO) 7, s. 1999 entitled Policies on Selection/Appointment and Transfer/Reassignment of DECS Regional Officials.
2. The paragraph that reads: “Transfers/reassignments of RDs and ARDs shall be done every three years but they may be retained in the same region for another three (3) years only. Transfers/Reassignments of ASDSs and SDSs shall be done every five (5) years. As a matter of policy, no ARD and ASDS shall be promoted in his/her region and division of assignments, respectively” is hereby repealed.
3. In its place, a new paragraph is introduced, to read as follows:
“There shall be a simultaneous transfer/reassignment of Regional Directors (RDs), Assistant Regional Directors (ARDs), Schools Division Superintendents (SDSs), and Assistant Schools Division Superintendents (ASDSs) once every three (3) years.”
4. Item 1.3 is hereby amended to read as follows:
“1.3 Under exceptional circumstances, particularly in the exigency of the service, and subject to the discretion of the Secretary, the tenure of service of the RDs and ARDs in a given station may be shortened or extended beyond what is stated in this Order.”
5. This amendment is pursuant to the authority of supervision and control of the Department vested in the Secretary by the Administrative Code of 1987 and by Republic Act No. 9155 entitled Governance of Basic Education Act of 2001.
6. The simultaneous transfer/reassignment for all ARDs and SDSs shall be implemented in July 2019, and for all RDs and ASDSs in January 2020. They shall be simultaneously transferred/reassigned every three years thereafter.
7. The simultaneous transfer/reassignment shall not cover third level officials who have been transferred/reassigned, as well as those who are set to retire compulsorily, within six (6) months from the date of the scheduled simultaneous transfer/reassignment.
8. Should the simultaneous transfer/reassignment schedule fall during a year when a National and Local Election is to be held, then the transfer/reassignment of the aforesaid third level officials will be on such period prior to the effectivity of the election ban, unless there is a prior approval of the transfer/reassignment from the Commission on Elections (COMELEC).
9. In case of vacancies due to promotion, retirement, resignation, dismissal from service, or death of a third level official, the provision in DO 87, s. 1998 entitled Designating Officers-In-Charge as Schools Division Superintendents and Assistant Schools Division Superintendents shall apply, to wit:
“2. To strengthen further the effectiveness of school officials and to avoid delays and disruptions in the daily operations, the Regional Directors are hereby requested to submit their nominees to be designated as Officer-In-Charge to vacant SDS and ASDS positions in their respective areas of responsibility, for approval by the Secretary, in the meantime that the search is going on. This is being done so as not to create leadership vacuum in those areas where the vacancy exists.”
10. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance to this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
1 thought on “Simultaneous Transfer/Reassignment for All RDs, ARDs, SDSs and ASDSs”
What about school principals?