Public school teachers in the Philippines often have to deal with many challenges in the classroom. Aside from teaching a curriculum that is not always relevant or age-appropriate, they also have to contend with large class sizes, lack of resources, and inadequate pay. It has resulted in many public school teachers leaving the profession or taking on additional jobs to make ends meet.
We should do more to support our public school teachers and ensure they can teach our children effectively and with dignity. One way to do this is by providing them with additional resources, such as textbooks, teaching materials, and computers. We can also help by ensuring that their classrooms are well-maintained and adequately stocked with supplies.
Another way to show our support for public school teachers is by advocating for better pay and working conditions. We can write letters to our legislators, sign petitions, and attend rallies to support our teachers.
We can also contribute money to teacher’s organizations and scholarship funds so that they can continue their education and professional development.
By showing our support for public school teachers in the Philippines, we can help ensure our children receive a quality education.
What You Can Do to Support Them
You can show your support for public school teachers in the Philippines in many ways. Here are 10 of them:
- Advocate for better working conditions and pay. Public school teachers in the Philippines deserve decent working conditions and pay. You can help by writing to your local representatives and urging them to take action on this issue.
- Donate resources to schools. Many public schools in the Philippines lack basic resources such as books and learning materials. You can help by donating items to these schools or raising funds to purchase these items.
- Volunteer in Brigada Eskwela. If you have some free time, consider volunteering in public schools. It will help the teacher deal with the start of the academic year by preparing school facilities, painting classrooms, and repairing school chairs.
- Help with extracurricular activities. Public school teachers often have additional roles, such as coaching sports teams or supervising extracurricular activities. You can help by offering to coach a team or lead an activity.
- Be involved in parent-teacher organizations. Parent-teacher organizations can be a great way to show your support for public school teachers. You can help by organizing events or raising funds to support the school.
- Join a community group that supports public schools. Many community groups offer support to public schools in the Philippines. You can help by joining one of these groups and participating in their activities.
- Spread the word about the challenges public school teachers face. Many people are unaware of the challenges that public school teachers in the Philippines face daily. You can help by raising awareness of these issues and advocating for change.
- Offer to mentor a public school teacher. If you have expertise in a certain area, you can offer to mentor a public school teacher interested in learning more about that subject. It will help them to improve their teaching skills and knowledge.
- Donate to organizations that support public schools. Many organizations work to support public schools in the Philippines. You can help by donating money or resources to these organizations.
- Show your support in other ways. There are many ways to show your support for public school teachers in the Philippines. Whatever you do, your help will be appreciated!
Thank you for reading! We hope this article has inspired you to show your support for public school teachers in the Philippines.
Let’s work together to ensure our public school teachers have the resources they need to effectively and dignity educate our children.
How to Cite this Article
Llego, M. A. (2022, September 1). 10 Ways to Show Your Support for Public Schools Teachers. TeacherPH. Retrieved September 1, 2022 from, https://www.teacherph.com/support-public-schools-teachers/