September 28, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 159 s. 2016
National Seminar-Workshop on the Department of Education Legal Process and Other Teachers’ Issues of the Teachers’ Dignity Coalition
1. The Teachers’ Dignity Coalition (TDC), through its National Council, will conduct the National Seminar-Workshop on Department of Education (DepEd) Legal Process and Other Teachers’ Issues with the theme Teachers’ Empowerment through Legal Education, from October 1 to 3, 2016 at the Baguio Teachers Camp, Baguio City.
2. The Seminar-Workshop aims to educate the teacher-leaders on their legal rights and responsibilities as leaders and educators. It specifically aims to:
a. equip the participants, who are teacher-leaders and school heads, with legal knowledge and skills to make them more responsible leaders and educators;
b. promote the culture of camaraderie, mutual support and harmonious relationship between principals and teachers; and
c. provide them with information on pertinent issues of education sector and solicit proposals for a better and improved education system.
3. The topics to be discussed are the following:
a. Teacher and School Head Partnership;
b. The Education Situation and the Challenges to Teachers;
c. DepEd Child Protection Policy;
d. Magna Carta for Public School Teachers, Teacher-Related Policies, DepEd Administrative Rules and Regulations, Comparison of Administrative, Criminal and Civil Procedures, Education and Child-Related Laws;
e. Pressing Concerns of Public School Teachers;
f. Teachers’ Rights and Welfare; and
g. Organizational Discussion.
4. The target participants are faculty club presidents, guidance counselors or teachers and school heads of public elementary and secondary schools nationwide. Members of the TDC National Council shall act as facilitators and secretariat. The TDC Secretariat will coordinate with the regional offices regarding the list of participants. Participants and members of the TDC National Council shall attend on official time only.
5. A registration fee of Two Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P 2,500.00) shall be charged to each participant. Registration and billeting will start at 1:00 p.m. on October 1, 2016 (Day 1), and check-out time will be at 12:00 noon on October 3, 2016 (Day 3). Participants are advised to confirm their participation on or before September 28, 2016.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact Mr. Benjo Basas or Ms. Darlene Loro of the TDC National Council at telephone no. (02) 444-6564 or mobile phone nos. 0927-335-6372 and 0939-880-0759.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES