September 02, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 142, s. 2016
Updates on the Creation of Billing Statements for the Senior High School Voucher Program
1. In relation to DepEd Order No. 38, s. 2016, entitled Clarifications and Additional Information to DepEd Order No. 46, s. 2015 (Detailed Guidelines on the Implementation of the Senior High School Voucher Program), the Department of Education (DepEd) issues this Order to provide Updates on the Creation of Billing Statements for the Senior High School Voucher Program using the Voucher Management System (VMS).
2. The regular process of creating billing statements for the SHS VP is as follows:
a. Enrol learners in the Learner Information System (LIS); and
b. Create billing statements in the VMS based on the list of Qualified Voucher Recipients (QVRs) automatically generated from the LIS.
3. The DepEd has noted that there are problems with the list of QVRs automatically generated from the LIS. In particular, tagging of the following QVRs is yet to be completed:
a. Education Service Contracting (ESC) grantees; and
b. Approved SHS VP applicants.
4. To resolve this, the DepEd shall allow manual uploading of QVRs in the VMS for the first semester. The step-by-step process for uploading is found in the enclosure.
5. The manual uploading facility in the VMS shall only be used for untagged QVRs in the LIS as mentioned in Item 3. Tagged QVRs shall be billed following the regular process of creating billing statements as mentioned in Item 2.
6. Schools shall ensure that the QVRs to be uploaded in the VMS have Learner Reference Numbers (LRN) and are enroled in the LIS. Otherwise, uploading will be unsuccessful.
7. The manual uploading facility in the VMS shall be available from August 31 to September 30, 2016.
8. For inquiries and clarifications, all concerned may contact the Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC) National Secretariat, 5th Floor, Salamin Building 197 Salcedo Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City at telephone no. (02) 840-6000.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES