March 16, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 44, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
2016 PARA NATIONAL GAMES
1. The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC), through the Philippine Sports Association for the Differently Abled-National Paralympic Committee of the Philippines (PHILSPADA – NPC Philippines) in coordination with the Department of Education (DepEd), will hold the 2016 Para National Games which is also known as the Fifth PHILSPADA National Para Games (PNPG) from March 28 to April 2, 2016 at the Marikina Sports Center, Marikina City.
2. The 2016 PNPG aims to identify a new core of athletes, and it will be used by the PHILSPADA – NPC Philippines as basis for the selection of Philippine Teams for future participation in international competitions such as the ASEAN Para Games, Asian Youth Para Games, and World Para Games and Paralympics. Specifically, the objectives of these games are to:
a. encourage and promote the participation of persons with disabilities in mainstream sporting activities at all levels; and
b. ensure that children with disabilities have equal access with other children to play, recreation, leisure, and sporting activities, including school activities.
3. All regional directors, schools division superintendents, and heads of public and private elementary and secondary schools, special education teachers, and officials are enjoined to support and participate in the PNG. Attendance to this activity is on official time only.
4. Accordingly, the organizers of the PNG will provide accommodations to the regional delegations, while food and transportation expenses will be shouldered by the participants which may be sourced from civic-minded individuals or organizations, and sports enthusiasts.
5. The enclosed primer has been prepared by the PHILSPADA – NPC Philippines for this undertaking.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact any of the following:
Mr. Dennis Esta
Philippine Sports Association for the Differently Abled (PHILSPADA)
Telephone Nos.: (02) 635-0375; (02) 636-4884
Email Address: [email protected]
Ms. Jessica Elizabeth S. Brillantes
Bureau of Learner Support Services (BLSS)
School Sports Division (SSD)
Telephone No.: (02) 632-0260 Mobile Phone No.: 0917-386-5128
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO
[scribd id=305082909 key=key-AL9SAiROpPPakl7ACpWo mode=scroll]
- DM 42, s. 2016 – Changes to DepEd Memorandum No. 133, s. 2015 (Grade 5 National Training of Trainers (NTOT) and Mass Training of Teachers (MTOT) for the K to 12 Basic Education Program)
- DM 43, s. 2016 – Regional Orientation of the Senior High School (SHS) Voucher Program and the Education Service Contracting (ESC) Program for School Year 2016-2017