March 17, 2016
DepEd Order No. 14, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
UPDATING OF LEARNER PROFILES FOR END OF SCHOOL YEAR ON THE LEARNER INFORMATION SYSTEM (LIS)
1. To maintain accurate and up-to-date information of learner’s basic profile, enrolment status and end of the school year academic accomplishment for school year (SY) 2015-2016, the online updating through the Learner Information System (LIS) will be available starting March 21, 2016 until April 30, 2016.
2. All public and private elementary and secondary schools, state universities and colleges (SUCs) offering elementary and secondary education, are directed to update their learners’ profiles through the LIS.
3. Class advisers are tasked to resolve all learner profile issues to ensure a complete and accurate Master List of Learners for SY 2015-2016. These issues are identified through warning/alert messages in the toggle list.
4. In updating the End of School Year (EOSY) Status Learning Profiles, the class advisers shall follow these steps:
a. The EOSY status of the learner shall be updated based on the following guidelines:
i. Promoted is the status of a learner who has achieved a final grade of at least 75% in all learning areas. The learner will be promoted to the next grade level. In the system, if no other status is selected, the learner is tagged as “Promoted”;
ii. Conditionally Promoted is the status of a learner who did not meet expectations in at most two learning areas. The learner must pass remedial classes, for learning areas where he/she failed, in order to be promoted to the next grade level. Otherwise, the learner is retained in the same grade level;
iii. Retained is the status of a learner who did not meet expectations in at least three learning areas. The learner remains in the same grade level;
iv. Transferred Out is the status of a learner who transferred to another school within the SY. The tagging of the learner as a transferee will be the responsibility of the receiving school. The system will automatically update the status of the learner as “Transferred Out” once the originating school tags the learner as “No Longer in School”, the receiving school enrols the learner, and both schools have finalized their EOSY master list; and
v. Dropped Out is the status of a learner who left the school and did not complete the full term for reasons other than transferring to another school. The system will automatically update the status of the learner as “Dropped Out” if the originating school tags the learner as “No Longer in School” and he/she is not enroled in another school.
READ: 2019 DepEd Required Documents for Claim of Service Credits
b. For learners who were accelerated within the SY, the learner must first be enroled to the higher grade level before the EOSY status is updated. The system will automatically tag the learner as “Accelerated” in his/her enrolment record in the lower grade level. The learner’s record will be reflected in the Report on Promotions of the higher grade level.
5. Class advisers of public schools and designated LIS school system administrators of private schools and SUCs offering elementaiy and secondary education must ensure that all the learners’ statuses are updated. School Heads (SHs) must ensure the accuracy and completeness of the school’s EOSY submissions before these are finalized in the LIS.
6. The generation of the School Forms 5 and 6 will be available in the LIS upon a school’s finalization of its EOSY submission. However, the final and official School Forms 5 and 6 will be available in the system not later than five (5) days after the deadline for EOSY updating. For computation of general average, all concerned must observe the guidelines stipulated in DepEd Order No. 8, s. 2015 entitled Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the Kto 12 Basic Education Program
7. The Schools Division Superintendents (SDSs), through the School Governance and Operations Division – Planning and Research Units (SGOD – PRU), and the Information Technology Officers (ITO), shall jointly provide technical assistance and resources as necessary, to the schools to ensure compliance to the guidelines of the EOSY updating in the LIS. Particular attention must be given to schools with no access to Internet facilities. The Regional Directors (RDs) through the Policy, Planning and Research Division shall monitor the schools division’s provision of technical assistance and resources to schools for the EOSY updating.
8. To meet the LIS target schedules, all personnel involved in the LIS at the school, district and schools division levels are allowed to render overtime (OT) services during weekdays, weekends and holidays when necessary. At the school level, these OT services can be converted to service credits.
9. All regional and schools division offices, and schools are enjoined to establish mechanism to ensure the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of learner data as these are crucial to performance indicators generation, the Beginning of School Year 2016-2017 learner enrolment and Senior High School Implementation.
10. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this order is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO
- DO 15, s. 2016 – Clarifications and Additional Information to DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2016 (School Year (SY) 2015-2016 End of School Year Rites)
- DO 13, s. 2016 – Implementing Guidelines on the Direct Release and Use of Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) Allocations of Schools, Including Other Funds Managed by Schools
- DepED Learner Information System User’s Guide