March 30, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 53, s. 2016
ADMINISTRATION OF THE 2016 SPECIAL PHILIPPINE EDUCATIONAL PLACEMENT TEST (PEPT)
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Directors Schools
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. In commemoration of the 118th Celebration of Philippine Independence Day, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA) formerly National Education Testing and Research Center (NETRC), together with the assistance of personnel from schools division offices (SDOs) and schools, shall administer the 2016 Special Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) for free in all schools divisions nationwide. The conduct of the test will be on June 19 instead of June 12 due to the start of classes on June 13, 2016.
2. Registration shall be at the SDOs starting March 31, 2016. The Division Testing Coordinators (DTCs) are directed to submit the actual number of registrants to BEA on or before June 13, 2016 at email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected], or through fax no. (02) 631-6921.
3. The DTCs shall be in-charge of the evaluation of documents and shall ensure that documentary requirements of each registrant are complete, which include Form 137 or Form 138 for elementary pupils and Form 137 for secondary students, birth certificate or baptismal certificate, and two l”xl” pictures.
4. PEPT shall be administered based on the data on school registration of out-of school children and youths, who are the primary target clientele, to determine their grade level placements.
5. BEA’s authorized forwarder/courier shall deliver and retrieve the test materials at least a week before and a day after the test administration, respectively, except for National Capital Region (NCR) schools divisions, which shall be delivered two days before the test administration.
6. In relation to this, the BEA shall conduct the National Conference on the Evaluation of Documents and Standardized Test Administration particularly to the newly designated DTCs. Dates, venues and clustering of regions shall be announced later through a DepEd Memorandum.
7. The following shall be discussed in the said conference:
a. Evaluation of Documents;
b. Standard Procedure in Test Administration;
c. Security of Test Materials;
d. Information Derived from the Individual Certificate of Rating (COR); and
e. Financial Matters Relative to Test Administration.
8. One Division Testing Coordinator from every schools division that has at least 100 examinees is authorized to attend the activity in every designated regional venue and date.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC