August 11, 2017
DepEd Order No. 44, s. 2017
Table of Contents
Guidelines on Updating the Status of Learners of the Alternative Learning System in the Learner Information System as of the End of Calendar Year 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on Updating the Status of the Learners of Alternative Learning System (ALS) in the Learner Information System (LIS) as of the End of Calendar Year (CY) 2016.
- All learning facilitators are directed to update in the LIS their learners’ status according to their performance in the ALS Program at the End of CY 2016. They should coordinate with the Division ALS Focal person who is also in-charge of managing LIS access accounts in the system. The LIS can be accessed through the web addresses: http://lis.deped.gov.ph.
- The updating period is scheduled from July 18, 2017 to August 20, 2017.
- Encoding of CY 2017 ALS learners in the LIS will commence on or before August 31, 2017. Separate guidelines and other instructions will be issued prior to system deployment. As a prerequisite to the encoding of CY 2017 ALS in the LIS, mobile teachers/facilitators must have their Community Learning Center (CLC) finalized and submitted in the system for End of CY 2016.
- All previous issuances relative to this Order, which are inconsistent are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
(Enclosure to DepEd Order No. 44, s. 2017)
GUIDELINES ON THE UPDATING OF STATUS OF LEARNERS OF ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM AS OF END OF 2016 CALENDAR YEAR IN THE LEARNER INFORMATION SYSTEM (LIS)
The Department of Education (DepEd) has implemented the Learner Information System (LlS)to establish an accurate and reliable registry of learners,community learning center and ALS Learning Facilitatorswhich are vitalon its planning and budgeting, allocation of resources and setting operational targets.
In this regard, the DepEd aims to provide guidance in the updatingthese information in a web-based system known as the Learner Information System for Alternative Learning System (LIS-ALS).
The updating activity will be done thru the LIS and will cover the following:
- Updating of End of Calendar Year Status of individual learner enrolled in any ALS Programs during CY 2016.
- Updating of Facilitator and assign community learning center/s
- ALS DepEdDelivered, Procured and Partners are directed to participate in this updatingactivity
- Provision of a Monitoring Dashboard for Central, Region and Divisionto keep an eye on the progress of updating intheir respective areas.
III. POLICY STATEMENT
This DepEd Order provides guidance in the conduct of updating of data and information through the LIS. Information gathered from this activity will be used as basis and reference in making assessment, determining programperformance, allocation of resources and planning for future action or decision. The integrity of data being generated from LIS relies on the integrity of user which is the ALS Facilitators thus this policyis promoting compliance to ensure accuracy of data.
Detailed instructions and user manual will be available in LIS Support page for download.
A. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
The official website of LIS is lis.deped.gov.ph. Below are the step by step instructions in managing system account at different levels:
i. To have an access, the Division ALS Focal Person will coordinate to the Division System Administrator of LIS that in most cases is the Division Planning Officer. Once an ALS LIS System Administrator account issued to the ALS Division Focal Person, he/she can manage the ALS Facilitator Account.
ii. Using ALS Administrator Account, the ALS Focal Person can update the list of facilitators and update the CLCs assigned to them as of October 31, 2016.
iii. In the event of the facilitator is no longer capableor in the position to access the system due to re-assignment, resignation, retirement among other reasons, the ALS System Administrator can assign a substitute facilitator (facilitator may be assigned in multiple CLCs) to the vacated CLC to update the End of Calendar Year Status of each Learner.
B. UPDATING OF LEARNER STATUS
i. The facilitator is responsible to update learner status at the end of the program. The status is either completer or non-completer as per latest and validated definition:
1. Completer – A learner who has met the set of competencies as agreed by the learner and ALS learning facilitator based on the ALS Curriculum (2017 Edition) for a set learning level from the combined inputs of attending an ALS learning program and recognition of their prior learning. The duration of the learning program would depend on the extent of their learning needs given competencies gained from prior learning experiences.
2. Non-Completer – a learner who did not met the set of competencies as agreed by the learner and ALS Learning Facilitator.
ii. To ensure that all learners are properly tagged of appropriate status, the system will impose validation requiring each learner must have “status” before submission.
iii. Submission of status in the system will be accounted by Community Learning Center. Click submit button only if all the learners in the CLC were have updated status.
iv. A Monitoring Dashboard is available at the division, region and national level to track the progress of updating.
C. REPORT GENERATION
Once the updating of learners completed, the system can now generate list of learners with updated individual status per CLC.
D. TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Further queries and issues may be communicated to:
i. Education Management Information System Division – Planning Service (PS)
Policies and Procedures
Landline: +63 2 638 2251 / +63 2 635 3958
Telefax: +63 2 635 3986
Address: 2nd Floor, Teodora Alonzo Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
ii. User Support Division – Information and Communications Technology Service(ICTS)
Systems and Helpdesk
Landline: +63 2 636 4878 / +63 2 633 2658
Mobile: +63 939 436 1390 (SMART) / +63 977 771 2285 (Globe)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Address: Ground Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
V. SPECIAL PROVISIONS
Overtime Services and Payment
To meet the target schedules,all personnel involved in the ALS LIS in public schools (BP-OSA), ALS Mobile Teachers, district, division, and regional offices, all are allowed to render overtime (OT) services with pay during weekdays, weekends, and holidays when necessary to meet the target schedules. At the school level (BP-OSA), or for ALS Mobile teachers, these OT services can be converted to service credits as provided in DepEd Order 30, s. 2016 “Policies and Guidelines on Overtime Services and Payment in the Department of Education“. The concerned offices (Finance, Budget and Accounting) should ensure that the overtime services rendered will be duly compensated.
VI. MONITORING AND EVALUATION
The Education Management Information Division (EMISD) – Planning Service and Bureau of Learning Delivery (BLD) of the Central Office, together with the Policy, Planning and Research Division (PPRD) of the Regional Offices and School Governance and Operation Division (SGOD) and Curriculum Implementation Division (CID) of the School Division Offices will conduct structured monitoring of the implementation (e.g. Data Quality and Consistency) of the different processes and guidelines at the national, regional, division and school level.
This Order shall take effect immediately upon its approval.
- DepEd Order 30, s. 2016 “Policies and Guidelines on Overtime Services and Payment in the Department of Education”
- DepEd Order 14, 2. 2016 “Updating of Learner Profiles for End of School year (EoSY) 2015-2016”