Implementation of the Basic Educational Facilities Fund
July 17, 2017
DepEd Order No. 35, s. 2017
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. The Basic Educational Facilities Fund (BEFF) is an annual budget of the Department for its School Building Program, which covers the improvement and maintenance of school facilities. It shall be utilized for the provision of classroom and workshop buildings, replacement of old dilapidated buildings, provision of furniture, repair and rehabilitation of classrooms, including heritage buildings, as well as water and sanitation facilities, and electrification.
2. The guidelines on the implementation of the different projects under the Basic Educational Facilities Fund Program are detailed in the following enclosures:
Enclosure No. 1 – Guidelines for the Implementation of New Construction of Classrooms
Enclosure No. 2 – Guidelines on the Implementation of Repair/Rehabilitation of Classrooms, Water and Sanitation Facilities, and Gabaldon Heritage Buildings
Enclosure No. 3 – Guidelines on the Implementation of the School Furniture Program
Enclosure No. 4 – Guidelines on the Implementation of the Electrification of Schools On-Grid Program
Annex A – Revised Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) for the implementation of the School Building Program
Annex B – Designs of School Furniture
3. The finalization of lists and release of funds for the various BEFF projects for ARMM shall be in accordance with the priorities and criteria set herein. However, implementation of the approved projects shall be governed by Republic Act (RA) No. 0954 or the Organic Act for the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM). The Department of Education (DepEd) ARMM shall report to the DepEd Central Office the status and utilization of funds and implementation of the projects funded under the BEFF.
4. Procurement and contract implementation of all the projects for implementation under BEFF shall be in accordance with RA 9184 otherwise known as the Government Procurement Reform Act (GPRA) and its latest Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The procuring * -entity shall ensure transparency in all procurement processes.
5. For all DepEd-implemented BEFF projects, the signing authorities for contracts as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 67, s. 2016 entitled Revised Signing Authorities for Financial Matters shall be followed in the implementation of the projects.
6. Modification of approved project listings in terms of scope or change of recipient school shall be subject for approval of the Secretary provided that the proposed modifications are justified and certified by the schools division superintendent (SDS).
7. Utilization of savings generated from terminated contracts or difference between the approved budget for the contract and the contract award price including any variations required for the project may be allowed subject for approval of the Secretary.
a. The savings generated shall only be used for projects of the same category/purpose; and
b. Savings shall be utilized for construction/repair projects in the same school or in other schools according to the following priorities:
i. 1st Priority-repair of classrooms damaged by typhoons or calamities, prioritize damages that have occurred two to three years ago that have not been repaired or no repairs have started yet;
ii. 2nd Priority-repair of classrooms with structural issues; and
iii. 3rd Priority-repair of classrooms needing major repair based on the latest National School Building Inventory (NSBI) data, and/or latest survey data of the Office of the Undersecretary for Administration (OUA)/Education Facilities Division (EFD)
7. The OUA, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs, regional directors, and/or SDSs shall be responsible in informing the concerned district representatives, local government units (LGUs), and other stakeholders on the approved project listings to avoid duplication of projects and to ensure smooth implementation of the program.
8. The approved project listings shall be published in the DepEd website: www.deped.gov.ph, in accordance to the provisions of the General Appropriations Act (GAA).
9. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
- Guidelines for the Implementation of New Construction of Classrooms
- Guidelines on the Implementation of Repair/Rehabilitation of Classrooms, Water and Sanitation Facilities, and Gabaldon Heritage Buildings
- Guidelines on the Implementation of the School Furniture Program
- Guidelines on the Implementation of the Electrification of Schools On-Grid Program
- Revised Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) for the implementation of the School Building Program
- Designs of School Furniture