The Department of Education (DepEd) Bureau of Learning Delivery – Teaching and Learning Division (BLD-TLD) intends to strategically position its activities that will respond to identified gaps and challenges that stem from the poor results of the national and international assessments.
In the final report of the recently conducted research, the Analysis of 21st Century Skills Integration in the Philippines K to 12 Program, spearheaded by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) last 2019, findings revealed that most teachers observed fall short in its effort to explicitly teach critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
This implies that there seems to be an existing gap in how the teachers should transfer knowledge and skills to learners given that they only seem to exhibit a general understanding of the 21st-century skills.
Based on the research, it is recommended to develop pedagogical strategy guides, implement teacher training, and build capacity for teachers to develop and access resources. Specifically, Teaching and Assessing in the Global Context will have a series of activities that will develop materials in teaching and assessing 21st-century skills in three major areas: English, Maths, and Science.
- craft lesson exemplars in English, Math and Science focusing on the teaching and assessment of the 21st century skills with global and emerging themes;
- produce appropriate support materials and resources to implement the lessons effectively that will primarily hone the 21st century skills of the learners;
- facilitate knowledge sharing and equip the teachers with well-defined pedagogical strategies and approaches in creating and maintaining a 21st century learning environment;
- capacitate teacher trainers towards effective implementation and utilization of the crafted lesson exemplars and learning materials; and
- develop a feasible action plan for regional training.
|Target Outcomes||Key Indicators|
|By 25% completion of the activity||All materials (lesson exemplars and assessment materials) have been drafted and submitted for conformance and validation.|
|By 50% completion of the activity||All drafted materials have been reviewed, revised and finalized.|
|By 75% completion of the activity||The materials for the national orientation are ready and complete. All the chief trainers have been properly oriented.|
|By 100% completion of the activity||All participants have been oriented in 3 clusters (Luzon. Visayas and Mindanao). The developed materials produced in the Writeshops will serve as primary references during the national orientation.|
For this year, it is targeted to conduct four pre-orientation activities that include writeshop, validation and conformance of the developed lesson exemplars and assessment materials, one orientation of the national trainers, four national orientations in Luzon (batch 1 and 2), Visayas, and Mindanao, and one finalization activity.
Name: Anna Marlaine Litonjua
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Number: 09778064179
Landline: (02) 8687-2948