June 05, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 103, s. 2017
Full Special Secondary (K to 12) Scholarship for School Year 2018-2019 of the Philippine High School for the Arts
Bureau and Service Directors
School Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA) Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (ANSYAS) is now accepting applications for Full Special Secondary (K to 12) Scholarship for School Year 2018-2019.
2. The Program aims to:
a. identify and develop artistically talented children to become artists of excellence in the field of dance, music, theater arts, creative writing, and visual arts; and
b. ensure a continuing source of artists of excellence and leaders in the preservation, conservation and promotion of the Filipino artistic and cultural traditions.
3. Applicants must be Filipino citizens who can meet the following requirements:
a. Grade 6 pupil in either a public or private school at the time of application;
b. Not older than 14 years upon enrolment on June 10 of the next school year;
c. Fully accomplished PHSA Scholarship Application Form;
d. Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Office;
e. Photocopy of Grade 5 or Grade 6 Report Card; and
f. One-page resume citing accomplishment in the art field of their respective interests.
4. The successful applicants will be awarded full scholarship which includes free tuition fee, free board and lodging (with weekend home leave with parents or a designated legal guardian), classes with master teachers, monthly stipend, free tickets to shows, events and performances at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, opportunity to get training, to meet and interact with outstanding world class artists, visiting foreign artists, and a chance to represent the country and the school in international festivals, competitions and exchange programs. The scholarship grant is renewable every year for four to six consecutive school years upon satisfaction of academic and nonacademic requirements.
5. Interested applicants may directly send their accomplished application forms and other requirements by mail, email, or by personally submitting them to the Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (ANSYAS) Committee, Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA), National Center, Mt. Makiling, Los Banos 4030, Laguna. The PHSA Scholarship Form is enclosed.
6. The screening of applicants will be conducted in specified regional testing centers below:
|Region V||August 1-4, 2017||Masbate and Legazpi City|
|Region IV-B (MIMAROPA)||August 8-10, 2017||Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan|
|Region III||September 5-7, 2017||Angeles City, Pampanga|
|Region II||September 12-14, 2017||Ilagan City, Isabela|
|Region VII||September 26-28, 2017||Dumaguete City Negros Oriental
|Region VIII||October 10-12, 2017||Calbayog City, Samar|
|Region XII||October 17-19, 2017||General Santos City South Cotabato|
|Region X||November 7-9, 2017||Iligan City Lanao del Norte|
|National Capital Region||November 8, 2017||Cultural Center of the Philippines|
|Region IV-A (CALABARZON)||December 9, 2017||National Arts Center Mt. Makiling, Los Banos Laguna|
7. Applicants will be notified by phone whether or not they are qualified to proceed to the live auditions.
8. For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Shirley A. de Quiros, Coordinator, Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (ANSYAS), Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA) ANSYAS Office at telephone no. (049) 576-4100; mobile phone no. 0917-866-3097 or through email address: email@example.com or visit website address: www.phsa.edu.ph.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES