(Enclosure to DepEd Memorandum No. 43, s. 2017)
- 2017 Brigada Eskwela Implementing Guidelines
- 2017 Brigada Eskwela School Safety and Preparedness Guide
- 2017 Brigada Eskwela Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
- 2017 Best Brigada Eskwela Implementing Schools Category
1. Teaching personnel are entitled to earn vacation service credits arising from their active involvement in the weeklong Brigada Eskwela activity. A complete six-day participation in the maintenance effort shall give teachers a three-day service credit entitlement.
For further details on granting service credits to teachers, kindly refer to DepEd Order No. 53 s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers particularly item no.l.d subitem k.
2. Brigada Eskwela espouses the spirit of volunteerism. Taking part in the school repair and other maintenance work is not mandatory nor requisite for parents to enable their children to be accommodated in the school.
3. No Brigada Eskwela fee shall be solicited from volunteers.
4. While the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) members are welcomed to participate in Brigada Eskwela, carrying guns and fire arms must be prohibited inside the school premises. Likewise, AFP members as volunteers shall be advised to wear civilian or work clothes, as against to wearing military uniform, during the school maintenance activity.
For further details on engagement of AFP members in school activities, please refer to DepEd Memorandum No. 221 s. 2013 entitled “On Guidelines on the Protection of Children During Armed Conflict.”
5. Since they will perform the key role in operationalizing this year’s Brigada Eskwela theme, principals or school heads are expected to revisit or restudy the following materials:
a) School Safety and Preparedness Guide (Annex A of Enclosure No.l)
b) Stakeholder Engagement Strategy (Annex B of Enclosure No. 1)
c) Kit’s Menu (Annex C of Enclosure No. 1)
6. Receiving assistance or support from companies and other players in the tobacco industry for Brigada Eskwela is not allowed, pursuant to DepEd Order No 6. S. 2012 entitled “Guidelines on the Adoption and Implementation of Public Health Policies on Tobacco Control and Protection Against Tobacco Industry Interference”.