Seminar on Pre-Retirement Innovations and Options for Results
April 2, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 062, s. 2018
SEMINAR ON PRE-RETIREMENT INNOVATIONS AND OPTIONS FOR RESULTS
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development-Employee Welfare Division (BHROD-EWD), will conduct a series of Seminar on Pre-Retirement Innovations and Options for Results (PRIOR).
2. Generally, the seminar aims to equip the prospective retirees from the non-teaching personnel in the regional offices (ROs) and schools division offices (SDOs), with additional knowledge and skills to enhance their capabilities in activities, which can be useful after their retirement. The activity will provide continuing opportunities for advancement by helping discover innovations and options that will sustain them physically, pyschologically, socially and financially in their retirement life.
3. The PRIOR seminar will be conducted in regional clusters. The seminars will be conducted for participants from Regions I, II, III, IV-A (CALABARZON), National Capital Region (NCR), IV-B (MIMAROPA), Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), IX, X, XI, XII, and Caraga on the following dates and venues:
|I, II, and III||April 2-6, 2018||Pampanga|
|IV-A, and NCR||April 23-27, 2018||Laguna|
|IV-B, V, and CAR||May 7-11, 2018||Laguna|
|IX, XI, and XII||June 18-22, 2018||Within the area of Davao|
|X and Caraga||July 9-30, 2018||Within the area of Cagayan de Oro|
4. Target participants to this activity are officials and non-teaching employees in the abovementioned ROs and SDOs, who are due for retirement whether compulsory or optional, within the next two years. Each RO and each SDO are entitled to two participants (per office). In case the SDO will not be able to send two participants, the slot/s allotted will be given to other schools divisions, which have more than two retirees. The RO shall coordinate with the concerned SDOs with regard to this concern and prepare the final list of participants. Walk-in participants will not be accomodated due to the limited budget.
5. Resource speakers shall come from the DepEd, Department of Health (DOH), Cottage Industry Technology Center (CITC), and/or Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), and the private sector. Facilitators and support staff shall be provided by the EWD, and other offices in the central office (CO).
6. Expenses to be incurred shall be charged to the CO-GASS, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. These expenses shall include board and lodging, supplies and other materials, training kits, communications, honoraria for resource speakers, contingency, travel expenses of the resource speakers, facilitators, secretariat, and staff from the CO. Travel expenses of participants shall be charged to their respective local funds.
7. The final list of participants must be submitted by the RO to the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development-Employee Welfare Division (BHROD-EWD) (Attention: Ms. Eugenia M. Tuliao), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telefax no.: (02) 633-7229 on or before March 20, 2018.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES