September 28, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 154, s. 2016
National Conference on the Standardized Administration of NCAE, PEPT, TEPT and PST in Science and Mathematics for the School Year 2016-2017
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA), will conduct the National Conference on the Standardized Administration of National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE), Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT), Test of English Proficiency for Teachers (TEPT) and Process Skills Test (PST) in Science and Mathematics for the School Year (SY) 2016-2017 by cluster on the following dates with respective venues:
2. The following topics shall be discussed in the said conference:
a. Standard Procedures on the Conduct/Administration of the Tests;
b. Security of Test Materials, Delivery, and Retrieval Scheme
c. Allocation of Test Materials;
d. Interpretation of the NCAE National Results;
e. The Results of the Occupational Interest Inventory for Students in Secondary Schools (OIISSS) vis-a-vis Highly In-Demand Occupation by Industry perRegion; and
f. Financial Matters Relative to Test Administration
3. Authorized to attend the Conference (in designated venues and dates) are Regional Testing Coordinators (RTCs) from each region, one Division Testing Coordinator (DTC) from each schools division, and one Private Schools Supervisor (PSS) from each schools division that has at least 70 private schools.
4. DTCs are directed to bring the actual enrolment of Grade 9 students for SY 2016-2017 in both public and private secondary schools. The enrolment data to be submitted should be based on August 31, 2016 for public and private schools in soft and hard copies in Microsoft Excel as shown in the format below:
5. Further, the DTCs are required to bring a report containing the data of the actual number of permanent public school teachers teaching Mathematics and Science in Grades 7 and 8 for the allocation of test materials.
6. The participants must attend only on the date and at the venue where their respective regions are clustered. Conference proper will start at exactly 8:00 a.m. Participants can be accommodated on the evening before the scheduled conference.
7. Travel expenses and allowable expenses shall be charged to BEA Funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES