Table of Contents
Recruitment, Selection, Evaluation and Ranking of Applicants for Teacher 1 Position for SY 2016-2017
Assistant Schools Division Superintendent
Chief Education Supervisors
Elementary and Secondary School Heads/Principals/TICs/OICs
All Others Concerned
1. To ensure that the quality of basic education in the Division is enhanced through hiring of highly-competent teachers for SY 2016-2017, all schools are enjoined to abide with the Guidelines on Recruitment, Selection, Evaluation and Ranking of Teacher 1 applicants stipulated in DepEd Order 7, s. 20155, re: Hiring Guidelines for Teacher I Positions effective SY 2015-2016.
2. The following provisions of the abovementioned DepEd Orders are hereby emphasized/reiterated:
a. Public school teachers requesting for transfer to another assignment are not considered new applicant and should not therefore be subjected to these hiring guidelines. (Paragraph 3.2 of DepEd Order No. 12, s. 2012)
b. As provided in Section 26 (b) Paragraph 2 of RA 9293, teachers who have not practiced their profession for the past five (5) years shall be required to take at least twelve (12) units of education courses, consisting of at least six (6) units of pedagogy and six (6) units of context courses.
c. In the elementary level, the School Screening Committee shall be chaired by School Head with four (4) teachers as members. The Screening Committee in the secondary shall be chaired by the School Head, Department Head Concerned, and three (3) teachers from the different learning areas (as needed based on school’s vacancies) as members.
d. The School Screening Committee shall verify all documents as to completeness and authenticity and submits the lists of applicants with the corresponding documents to the Division Selection Committee. The list of Applicants shall be categorized by position, ie. Elementary/Secondary, Pre-school, Mobile Teacher, SPED.
e. The Division Selection Committee for elementary level shall be chaired by the Asst. Schools Division Superintendent with three (3) Education Program Supervisors, Chapter President of PESPA, and a Representative of CSO with technical expertise. For Secondary Level, the same will be chaired by the Asst. Schools Division Superintendent, with three (3) Education Program Supervisors, Chapter President of NAPSSHI, and a Representative of CSO with technical expertise.
3. The following activities with the corresponding dates and venues shall be observed:
|Filing of applications and submissions of documents to the School Screening Committee||January 5 - Feb. 19, 2016|
|Submission of pertinent documents to the Division Selection Committee||February 23, 2016|
|Demo Teaching and Interview of Teacher Applicants||March 1 - 11, 2016|
|Administration of English Proficiency Test||March 17, 2016
8:00AM - 12:00NN - Elementary
1:00 - 5:00PM - Secondary
|Consolidation of Ratings/Evaluation and Preparation of Registry of Qualified Applicants||March 21, 2016 - April 15, 2016|
|Submission of Registry of Qualified Applicants to SDS for Approval||April 18, 2016|
|Posting of RQA to Conspicuous Places||April 20, 2016|
4. All teacher-applicants shall take the English Proficiency Test on the dates and venue specified above. Previously-ranked teacher applicants who had already taken their EPT may decide whether or not to take the test.
5. Likewise, teacher-applicants who will take the EPT are advised to wear proper business attire: blouse, slacks/skirt and closed shoes for females, and polo/polo shirt, slacks, and leather shoes for males. Also, bring identification card, ceritificate of PRC Rating and/or PRC License for identification/verification purposes.
6. The official in-charge of personnel actions shall provide secretariat services and assists the EPSs in the conduct of the test.
7. The review and finalization of the Registry of Qualified Applicants (RQA) for SY 2016-2017 shall be done by the Personnel Selection Board.
8. For strict compliance and guidance.
DR. ROMMEL C. BAUTISTA, CESO VI
Schools Division Superintendent