Dear DepEd employee,
Over the past years, DepEd has been recognized for its significant progress in improving the delivery of basic education and strengthening governance at all levels. All these achievements are because of your hard work. By playing a vital role in executing the mandate of the organization, you are paving a better future for all our learners. Congratulations!
Our work does not stop and we will continue to pursue innovations and best practices to make us a better, stronger and more effective public institution. One trailblazing innovation is using technology to MAP ALL OUR SCHOOLS.
This is the MAPAaralan Project! School Mo, I-Pin Mo! We are embarking on this project of mapping all schools – public and private, and including higher educational institutions and tech-voc institutions. Our objective is to plot all our educational institutions that will become a critical component in our planning process, definition of programs, allocation of resources, and other critical decisions that have a great impact on you and your schools.
Layunin natin mailagay sa MAPA ang ating mga PAaralan kung kaya’t ang tawag natin sa proyektong ito, ay ang MAPAaralan Project! Schools Mo, I-Pin Mo!
This initiative will require our collective effort. You can help by mapping your school and the other schools whose locations you are familiar with. When you map a school, this school is represented in the national map, which will be accessible to DepEd and other stakeholders.
With all schools in the map and the information in our EBEIS, we will be able to understand our education system better, determine unique and relevant initiatives, and become more efficient in the roll-out of programs and projects.
To find out how to map a school, a manual has been attached in this email that provides you step-by-step instructions. We have also provided a resource video link that you can click <http://youtu.be/oTPqZr44hbM>
Please follow the instructions carefully.
Lastly, feel free in spreading the word and encouraging your fellow DepEd employees in mapping our schools through the DepEd Google Email service.
We hope to complete this project by end of September before we open this up for the general public to participate.
Should you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to call Mr. Miguel Macariola at (02) 633-7228or (02) 633-7208 or you may email [email protected]
This is truly an exciting effort that we are embarking on and we are looking forward to your participation and ownership of of this project.
MAPAaralan Project! School Mo, I-Pin Mo!
GET STARTED! School Mo, I-Pin mo!
- In your web browser, please go to http://maps.google.com
- If you have not yet signed in, click the SIGN IN button on the upper right area of the web page and use your DepEd email.
- On the left side, click the MY PLACES button and click CREATE MAP button. Please edit the text fields containing the Title with the Region, dash (-) and Division. Do not place anything on the Description text fields.
- If the map is not in Satellite view, click the Satellite button on the upper right portion of the map. Otherwise, leave it as is.
- Zoom in to your area using the + button or zoom out using the – button. To move across the map, use the Pan button.
- Locate the schools that you are familiar with and pin the schools using the Place mark button for every school.
- A pop up balloon will show up after you pin a school. In the title, please put the School ID number, an asterisk (*), and the School name. If you are not familiar with the School ID number, simply put in the School name, an asterisk, the Division where the school is, an asterisk, and use Pub or Pri if the school is either Public or Private. Do not type anything in the description. Examples: 405268*Xavier University Grade School Biaknabato ES*Negros Occidental*Pub
- After making sure that either of the formats has been followed correctly, click the OK button on the lower right portion of the pop up balloon.
- Continue to map as many schools as you can.
- After all schools have been pinned, make sure that the “Privacy and sharing settings” are set to “Unlisted” then click the DONE button.
- If you have accomplished mapping the schools, click the DONE button on the left side of the web page.
- Click the Link button the left side of the web page. Copy the URL and send it to [email protected]
Invite your co-DepEd employees to map, if they haven’t registered to the official email service yet, they may visit https://www.teacherph.com/deped-email-system-frequently-asked-questions/.
Thank you very much!