This course emphasizes the value of teachers’ professional and personal development.
It will help you better understand the importance of continuing professional development and participating in professional networks to share and enhance your knowledge and practices. It presents the policies on promotion and opportunities for progression available for teachers in the department. You will also know about how to maintain your personal development and wellbeing. As the last course in the Teacher Induction Program (TIP), it will help you adopt practices that will sustain your professional and personal development.
Table of Contents
Intended Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- be familiar, and eventually comply with the guidelines on continuing professional development, career progression, and promotion,
- participate in professional networks to share knowledge and enhance practice towards continuing professional development (7.3.2), and
- adopt practices that uphold the dignity of teaching as a profession through professional and personal development (7.2.2).
Module 1: Salaries, Wages, and Benefits of Teachers
Module 2: Continuing Professional Development
Module 3: Policies on Promotion and Opportunities for Progression
Module 4: Personal Development and Well-being
Module 5: Developing a Personal Professional Improvement Plan
Estimated time required: 5 hours
Portfolio Output: Professional Development Plan
- Induction Program for Beginning Teachers (IPBT)
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Course 1
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 2
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 3
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 4
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 5