Welcome to the Department of Education (DepEd)! We are pleased to have you as a member of the family. We invite you to take the time to read through the Department of Education (DepEd) Teacher Induction Program (TIP) courses.
This course will help you align your personal philosophy of teaching with the DepEd’s vision, mission, core values, mandate, and strategic directions. It will also give you a glimpse of what a teacher’s school year is like, and help you become more accustomed to the daily life of a DepEd teacher. It introduces you to the guidelines, processes, and standardized forms to help you easily adjust to your new work environment.
In your first year, you may expect excitement, curiosity, apprehension, and even doubts. This section of the Teacher Induction Program (TIP) is crafted to support and bolster your first year of teaching experiences in the public school system. We will explore the school year at a glance and observe how the principles in this module may affect your day-to-day activities.
Table of Contents
Intended Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- adopt practices that uphold the dignity of teaching as a profession by exhibiting qualities aligned with the Department of Education’s vision, mission, and core values (7.2.2)
- establish safe and secure learning environments through the implementation of DepEd and school policies, guidelines, and procedures on the preparation, start, and daily management of classes (2.1.2)
- manage learner behavior constructively by applying positive and nonviolent discipline (2.6.2)
Module 1: Becoming a DepEd Teacher
Module 2: Gearing up for the School Year
Module 3: Creating an Engaging Physical and Virtual Learning Environment
Estimated Time Required: 8 hours
Portfolio Output: Pledge of Commitment and Writing Task (with Reflection)
- Induction Program for Beginning Teachers (IPBT)
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 2
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 3
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 4
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 5
- DepEd Teacher Induction Program (TIP) Core Course 6