The Sports Track is for Senior High School (SHS) students who are interested in sports-related careers, i.e. athlete development, fitness training, coaching, etc. Table 2.15 shows the subjects in this track.
List of Specialized Subjects in Sports Track
|Safety and First Aid
|This subject aims to equip learners with life skills and competencies in safety, injury prevention, and management in various sports and exercise settings. This also covers appropriate health and safety response during emergencies. Course completion may lead to a certification from the Philippine Red Cross.
|This subject covers topics on the origin, control, and learning of motor skills appropriate for varied needs and skill levels.
|Fundamentals of Coaching
|This subject covers the basic concepts and principles of coaching.
|Sports Officiating and Activity Management
|This subject covers the concepts, principles, and mechanics of officiating, and rules of specific sports. It also covers the management of fitness, and sports and recreation events. At the end of the course, the learner will be certified by the National Sports Associations (NSAs) and TESDA.
|Fitness, Sports, and Recreation Leadership
|This subject aims to equip learners with competencies for managing safe and effective programs in exercise, sports, and recreation.
|Psychosocial Aspects of Sports and Exercise
|This subject will lead to an understanding of individual and social factors that influence participation, performance, adherence, and psychological well-being in sports and exercise.
|Fitness Testing and Exercise Programming
|This subject will enable learners to administer tests and programs for physical fitness and performance enhancement.
|This subject aims to provide learners with hands-on experience within the school setting in their area of specialization such as student athlete enhancement, practice coaching, practice officiating, and tournament management or fitness/sports and recreation leadership.
|This subject aims to provide learners with hands-on off-campus experience in their area of specialization such as student athlete enhancement, practice coaching, practice officiating, and tournament management or fitness/sports and recreation leadership. This course will allow learners to explore opportunities for advanced certification.
- List of DepEd Senior High School (SHS) Core Curriculum Subjects
- List of Applied Track Subjects Across the Four SHS Tracks
- List of DepEd Senior High School (SHS) Tracks and Strands
- List of Specialized Subjects in ABM Strand
- List of Specialized Subjects in STEM Strand
- List of Specialized Subjects in HUMSS Strand
- List of Specialized Subjects in General Academic Strand (GAS)
- List of Specialized Subjects in the Arts and Design Track
- Specialized Subjects for TVL: Agricultural and Fisheries Arts (AFA) Strand
- Specialized Subjects for TVL Track: Home Economics (HE) Strand
- Specialized Subjects for TVL Track: Industrial Arts (IA) Strand
- Specialized Subjects for TVL Track: ICT Strand