June 05, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 101 s. 2017
Trainer’s Methodology Assessment for Technology and Livelihood Education Teachers
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. In line with the goal of the K to 12 Basic Education Program for the teachers to be equipped and competent in their respective fields of specialization, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Curriculum Development-Curriculum Standards Development Division (BCD-CSDD), will conduct the Trainer’s Methodology (TM) Assessment for Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) Teachers, which will run for 20 days between June and October 2017.
2. The Training aims to provide TLE teachers with an additional credential that will certify their competence to effectively teach in their field of specialization through the possession of a TM certificate.
3. TLE teachers who will participate in this training will be selected based on the following criteria:
a. Must be a holder of National Certificate (NC) II, III, or IV;
b. Must be 55 years old and below;
c. Must be computer literate;
d. Must be at least three years in government service; and
e. Must be physically fit.
4. In view of this, TLE regional supervisors are requested to submit a consolidated list of nominated TLE teachers per region, using the template provided in Enclosure No. 1.
5. The consolidated List of Nominees, signed by the Regional Director must be submitted to Dr. Rogelio O. Dohes with email address: [email protected] or Mr. Christopher S. Valiente, through email address: [email protected] not later than July 31, 2017.
6. The funds for the purpose shall be charged to 2016 TechVoc Continuing Funds to be downloaded to the regional offices, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. Enclosure No. 2 provides the details of the Budget and Allocation of Teachers per Region.
7. The TLE regional supervisors shall be responsible for the assessment and certification process.
8. The Strengthened Technical-Vocational Education Program (STVEP) schools in the region, aside from Technical Education Skills and Development Authority (TESDA), may be engaged in the assessment and certification process.
9. A completion report shall be submitted not later than November 29, 2017 addressed to Dr. Rogelio O. Dones, Supervising Education Program Specialist, Bureau of Curriculum Development-Curriculum Standards Development Division (BCD-CSDD), 3rd Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City or email to [email protected] copy furnished to [email protected]
10. For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Curriculum Development-Curriculum Standards Division (BCD-CSDD) at telephone nos. (02) 632-7746 or (02) 635-9822.
11. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES