Home » Buhay Guro » DepEd Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for School Year 2021-2022

DepEd Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for School Year 2021-2022

In reference to DepEd Order No. 8, s. 2020 signed by Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones, dated May 28, 2020, the field is hereby informed of the Guidelines on Enrollment for School Year 2020-2021 in the Context of the Public Health Emergency due to COVID-19, contents of which are self-explanatory.

Enrollment for School Year 2020-2021 is scheduled from June 1 – June 30, 2020.

Attached to this post are the Learner Enrollment and Survey Form (LESF) both English and Filipino, and the ALS Enrollment Form. Digital copies of the enrollment forms and the electronic consolidation template can be accessed here.

For more info: DepEd Documentary Requirements for Enrollment

Department of Education (DepEd) Frequently Asked Questions for School Year 2020-2021 in the Context of the Public Health Emergency due to COVID-19

These Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) shall guide parents, legal guardians, and teachers in the registration of learners in the public elementary and secondary schools and the Alternative Learning System program.

  • Senior High School (SHS) change of track or strand;
  • Enrollment;
  • Curriculum;
  • Lost School Diploma, Form 137 and other school records;
  • Non-acceptance of NSO issued birth certificate;
  • Senior High School (SHS) Voucher Application and Educational Service Contracting (ESC);
  • Accredited Private Schools and Schools without Permit;
  • Hindi pa nababayarang School Fees sa mga Pampribadong Paaralan kabilang ang Senior High School Billing;
  • Walang LRN na naibigay (Hindi tunay na LRN, Dobleng LRN, Binayarang LRN, atbp.); and
  • Collection of School Fees
Can a learner change the track or strand he/she wants to pursue?

Yes. A student or pupil in all schools shall enjoy the right to freely choose his/her field of study subject to existing curricula and to continue his/her course up to graduation except in cases of academic deficiency or violations of disciplinary regulations. (Sec 9(2) of Basic Education Act of 1982)

When will be the registration for SY 2020-2021?

Registration for SY 2020-2021 shall be on June 1-30, 2020 as an offshoot of the early registration done in January 2020.

What should be done in order to prepare for curriculum implementation?

1. Class and classroom organization using parameters set by the department (i.e. 15-20 per class, et.c)
2. Class programming/scheduling, time allotment (in-school/off-school)
3. Instructional designing and procedure
4. Learner’s assessment and performance monitoring
5. Instructional supervision/LAC sessions

Can a lost, damaged or destroyed school record be certified, authenticated, and/or validated?

Yes, it can be. The applicant should be advised to produce any of the following as valid basis for the reconstruction of academic school records:
a. Sworn statement of any two (2) of the following applicant’s classmates, principals or teachers and supported by either the school guardian photos, souvenir program, or graduation program; or
b. Duly certified copy of either Form 137 or Form 138 of the learner on file in any tertiary learning institutions; or diploma/transcript of records on file in the learner’s current/previous employer/s

To prove and/or support the June to August activities, what should the teacher prepare?

Teacher’s portfolio of accomplishment from June to August prior to opening of classes shall be prepared as a record to support activities conducted. In the absence of regular instructional supervision, same portfolio shall be maintained in case of non-physical reporting to schools and rendering service remotely during the school year. This may be changed however upon issuance of the alternative work arrangement of DepEd Central Office.

What should be submitted during enrollment?

Birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). Certificate issued by National Statistics Office may be allowed.

In the absence of a PSA birth certificate, the parent or guardian must submit a birth certificate (late registration) from the local civil registrar or a barangay certificate containing the basic information of the child such as:

-Name of the child (first name, middle name, last name)
-Name of parents
-Date of birth

When will the school accept birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO)?

The school may accept certificate issued by the National Statistics Office when these were issued before December 29, 2013.

By virtue of Republic Act 10625, the NSO, the BAS of the Department of Agriculture, the BLES of the DOLE and the NSCB was abolished and their appropriations, records, properties and personnel was transferred to the PSA after the implementing rules and regulations of RA 10625 took effect on December 29, 2013. As such all certificates issued by the NSO before December 29, 2013 remains valid.

Maari bang tanggapin at sertipikahan ang nawala o nasirang school record ng mag-aaral?

Oo, ito ay maaari. Ang aplikante ay dapat na magbigay ng kahit na ano sa sumusunod bilang basehan sa pagsasaayos ng pang-akademikong school record.

a. Kasumpaang pahayag ng sinumang dalawa (2) sa mga sumusunod: kamag-aral, punong-guro o guro ng mag-aaral, kasama ang kahit na anong litrato, souvenir, o program sa ginanap na pagtatapos.

b. Sertipikadong kopya ng anumang Form 137 o Form 138 ng mag-aaral sa kahit saan mang tertiary learning institutions; o diploma/kopya ng mga dokumento mula sa kasalukyan/nakaraang employer ng mag-aaral.

Ano ang kailangang ipasa sa enrollment?

Birth certificate mula sa Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). Maaari ring tanggapin ang inilabas ng National Statistics Office.

Kung sakaling walang PSA birth certificate, ang magulang/tagapangalaga ay kinakailangang magbigay ng birth certificate (late registration) mula sa local civil registrar o barangay certificate na naglalaman ng pangunahing impormasyon ng mag-aaral tulad ng:

Pangalan ng bata (first name, middle name, last name)
Pangalan ng Magulang
Petsa ng Kapanganakan

Kailan lamang tatanggap ang paaralan ng birth certificate mula sa National Statistics Office (NSO)?

Ang paaralan ay maaaring tumanggap ng certificate mula sa National Statistics Office kung ito ay inilabas bago mag- Disyembre 29, 2013.

Sa bisa ng Republic Act 10625, ang NSO, ang BAS ng Department of Agriculture, ang BLES ng DOLE, at ang NSCB ay ipinasawalang-bisa at ang lahat ng mga record, ari-arian, at tauhan nito ay malilipat sa PSA matapos ang pagkabisa ng implementing rules and regulations ng Republic Act 10625 noong Disyembre 29, 2013. Lahat ng sertipikong inilabas ng NSO bago ang December 29, 2013 ay mananatiling katanggap-tanggap.

Maaari bang pagbayarin ng mga pampribadong paaralan ang ESC grantees ng sobra sa idineklarang kabuuang school fees sa ESC IMS?

Hindi, ang mga private school ay hindi pinahihintulutan. Sakaling magkaroon ng overcharging, dapat na ibalik ng paaralan ang sobrang ibinayad ng mga ESC grantees at suspensiyon mula sa pag-iimbita at pagtanggap ng ESC grantees sa Grade 7 ng halos isang taon.

Pinahihintulutan ba ang mga pampribadong paaralan na hindi ibalik o matagalan ang reimbursement ng school fees na naunang bayaran ng ESC grantees matapos bayaran ng DepEd ang paaralan?

Hindi. Inaasahan na maibabalik ng paaralan ang paunang bayad ng ESC grantees sa loob ng 30 araw matapos ang matanggap ng DepEd ang kanilang resibo.

Kung sakaling walang nangyaring reimbursement o tumagal pa ito sa 30 araw, kailangang ibalik ng paaralan ang naging bayad ng mga mag-aaral sa school fees at suspensiyon mula sa pag-iimbita at pagtanggap ng ESC grantees sa Grade 7 ng halos isang taon.

Kailangan bang bayaran ng mga ESC transferring grantees ang mga unattended school years?

Hindi. Kung sakaling kailanganin ng mga ESC transferring grantees na bayaran ito, mapaparusahan ang pampribadong paaralan sa pamamagitan ng pagbawas sa kabuuang slot ng ESC Grade 7 depende sa bilang ng mga naapektuhang mag-aaral.

What is an accredited school?

An accredited school refers to a private school granted government permit or DepEd recognition by the Regional Director to offer basic education . It may also refer to schools allowed by law or DepEd order and rules to operate basic education.

Are private schools required to secure government permit or DepEd recognition before operation?

Yes, private schools are mandated to secure government permits or DepEd recognition. Educational institutions can undertake educational operations only when so authorized by the Department.

Are private schools with pending application for government permit allowed to advertise and accept enrollees?

No. private schools are not allowed. It shall be unlawful for any school to advertise or cause the publication of any advertisement or announcement before a permit to operate is granted.

What is the effect if the private school has been granted government permit or DepEd recognition?

It entitled the school to give the students who have completed the course, a certificate, title, or diploma.

It shall entitle the students who have graduated from said course or courses to all benefits and privileges enjoyed by graduates in similar courses of studies in all schools recognized by the government.

What is the effect if a private school granted DepEd recognition transfers to another location?

The government recognition of a school which is transferred to another location is deemed cancelled.

Maaari bang pigilin ng mga pampribadong paaralan ang kredensiyal ng mga mag-aaral?

Oo, maaaring pigilin ng mga pampribadong paaralan ang kredensiyal ng mga mag-aaral kung ang dahilan ay suspensyon, pagpaaalis, o hindi pagtupad sa pampinansiyal o pang-kagamitan na responsibilidad ng mag-aaral sa paaralan.

Ano ang mangyayari sa mga pampribadong paaralan na pipigil sa kredensiyal ng kanilang mag-aaral base sa iba pang dahilan mallban sa suspensiyon, pagpapaalis, o hindi pagtupad sa pampinansiyal o pang-kagamltan na responsibilidad ng mag-aaral sa paaralan?

Kung, pagkatapos ng pagsisiyasat, mapatutunayan na hindi makatarungan ang pagpigil ng paaralan sa pagpapalabas ng transfer credentials o student record, maaaring maglabas ang Kagawaran ng kaparehas ng mga ito na walang halong pagkiling sa pagpapataw ng mga karapat-dapat na kasong administratibo laban sa nasabing paaralan.

Kung ang reklamo ay inihain laban sa pampribadong paaralan dahil sa pagpigil ng kredensiyal ng mag-aaral dahil lamang sa hindi pagbabayad ng school fees, mabibigyan ba ito ng konsiderasyon mula sa Regional Office?

Hindi, ito ay hindi makatatanggap ng konsiderasyon mula sa Regional Office kung ang dahilan lamang sa pagpigil ay ang hindi pagtupad sa mga pinansiyal na obligasyon. Maaaring pigilan ng mga pampribadong paaralan ang mag-aaral kung ang dahilan ay suspensyon, pagpapaalis, o hindi pagtupad sa pampinansiyal o pang-kagamitan na responsibilidad ng mag-aaral sa paaralan.

Maaari bang pigilan ng mga pampribadong paaralan ang transfer credentials ng mga ESC grantees na nag-nanais na lumipat ng ibang paaralan?

Hindi, ang mga pampribadong paaralan ay dapat pigilan ang school credentials ng mag-aaral. Maituturing na program violation sa ESC ang hindi pagbibigay ng transfer credentials sa mga ESC grantees na nagnanais na lumipat ng ibang paaralan. Kabilang sa parusa nito ay ang pagpapababa sa kabuuang slot ng ESC Grade 7 ng paaralan batay sa bilang ng mga apektado.

Ano ang LRN?

Ang Learner Reference Number (LRN) ay isang permanenteng labindalawang (12) numero no kinakaitangan ng isang mag-aaral habang kinukumpleto ang basic education program, kahit na sa pagtipot ng paaralan sa pompubliko o pampribadong sector, at pagtaas tungo sa sekundarya.

Maaari bang magkaroong ng dalawang LRN ang mag-aaral?

Hindi, hindi moaaring magkaroon ng dalawang LRN ang mag-aaral. Ang LRN na ibinigay oy dapal panafilihin al maging pareho kahit sa paglipat ng paaraian sa pongpubiiko o pam-pribadong sector, at pagtaas tungo sa sekundarya. Bawat mag-aaral sa basic education system ay dapat bigyan ng isong naiiba at permanenteng LRN na kaniyong mogagomit sa buong basic education program.

Kung sakaling dalawang LRN ang naibigay sa mag-aaral, ano ang dapat gawin?

Ang mga school heads (SHs), district ALS coordinators, of mobile teachers ay dapal humingi ng garantiya ukol sa pagpapawalang bisa ng mga LRN dahil sa maramihang pagbibigay ng LRN sa isang mag-aaral o iba pang dahilan.

Maaari bang magbigay ang mga pampribadong paaralan ng sariling LRN sa kanilang mag-aaral?

Hindi. Responsibilidad ng Database Management Unit Office of the Planning Service ng DepEd Central Office ang pagbibiaay ng LRN sa mga mag-aaral.

Mayroon bang kallangang bayaran sa paghingi o pag-garantlya ng LRN?

Wala. Nakasaad sa polisiya ng bansa ang pagbibigay ng edukasyon so lahat sa pamamagitan ng paghahatid ng libre at kinakailangang edukasyon sa mga mag-aaral sa elementarya pati na rin sa sekundarya.

Paano kung walang profile ang mag-aaral sa Learner Information System habang enrolment?

Ang mga mag-aaral na walang profile sa LIS ay kinakailangang sagutan ang Basic Education Enrollment Form at ibigay ang kanilang Birth Certificate mula sa PSA o local civil registrar o barangay certification sa taong ilinakda para sa rehistrasyon.

Is sale of tickets In schools and/or collection of contributions In any form from learners allowed?

Generally, no. The sale of tickets and/or the collection of contributions in any form whatsoever, by any person for any project Of purpose, whether voluntary or otherwise from school children, students and teachers of public schools is prohibited.

When are collections allowed?

Collections are allowed when it covers the contributions of parents and other donors for the support of barrio high schools.

Collections are allowed when it covers the collection of membership fees of school children and students in the Red Cross, Girls Scout of the Philippines, and Boys Scout of the Philippines.

Anti-TB fund drive, school publication, and membership in student/pupil organizations.

Besides those mentioned above, are there other collections allowed?

Yes. Other fees aside from those mentioned above may be collected provided tne collection was upon the consensus and initiative of the Parents and Teachers Association (PTA).

When the collection is made by the PTA, is it mandatory?

No, it is not mandatory. PTA is allowed to collect voluntary contributions from parents/guardian-members once it has been duly recognized and given certificate of recognition by the school head.

Are teachers, school officials and school personnel allowed to collect fees and contributions?

No teacher, school officials nor school personnel shall collect fees or contributions, nor shall they be entrusted with the safekeeping and disbursement of collections made by the PTA pursuant to the Code of Ethics for Professional Teachers.

Are teachers allowed not to admit, not to promote or not to clear learners in case the parent/guardlan failed to give voluntary contributions?

No. they are not allowed. In no case shall non-payment of voluntary school contributions on membership fees be made a basis for non-admission, non-promotion, or non-issuance of clearance to a student in a school concerned.


DepEd Enrollment and School Opening for SY 2020-2021 Frequently Asked Questions

DepEd Learning Materials for School Year 2020-2021

DepEd Enrollment Guidelines for School Year 2020-2021 in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic

Ang Mass Promotion at Grade Retention

Consequences of DepEd “No Read, No Pass Policy”

Mga Simpleng Aksyon ng Suporta para sa Mag-aaral

Share with your friends!

Mark Anthony Llego

Mark Anthony Llego, from the Philippines, has significantly influenced the teaching profession by enabling thousands of teachers nationwide to access essential information and exchange ideas. His contributions have enhanced their instructional and supervisory abilities. Moreover, his articles on teaching have reached international audiences and have been featured on highly regarded educational websites in the United States.

1 thought on “DepEd Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for School Year 2021-2022”

  1. I have 1 balik-aral student who’s credentials fall on the old 2007-2008 curriculum. I discovered lately that he failed in English I before. He is passing all his Grade 8 subjects now. Can I remediate him this end of school year in his English I (eng 7) subject in Oder to promote him?


Leave a Comment

Can't Find What You'RE Looking For?

We are here to help - please use the search box below.