In the exigency of operations, unfilled ADAS III and ADAS II items may be assigned by the respective Schools Division Superintendents to act/serve as Loan Verifier for loan applications filed by the division and school personnel.
As stated in RA 9155, under Rule IV, Sec. 4.2.3,
the Schools Division Superintendents shall have authority, accountability and responsibility in hiring, placing and evaluating all division supervisors & schools district supervisors as well as employees in the division, both teaching and non-teaching personnel
The Loan Verifier shall report to the Administrative Officer V, Administrative Services through the Administrative Officer IV, Personnel Section and shall have the following Terms of Reference:
Table of Contents
DepEd Loan Verifier Duties and Responsibilities
The DepEd Loan Verifier shall:
1. On a first come, first served basis, act on all e-mailed requests for net take-home pay (NTHP) verification received from the following, who are within their scope of responsibility:
a. DepEd personnel requesting for verification for their own APDS transactions, as indicated by the e-mail address used by the sender,
i.e. should be the official DepEd e-mail address issued by the Department, ending in “@deped.gov.ph”; and
b. GSIS Authorized Agency Officers (AAOs) requesting for verification of other DepEd personnel’s GSIS loans, who likewise should use their official DepEd e-mail addresses;
2. Record information on applications for loans under the GSIS Financial Assistance Loan Program for DepEd Personnel (GFAL) to be relayed by the AAO;
3. Strictly follow the “Procedures for Verification of the Net Take Home Pay (NTHP) by the DepEd Verifier under the APDS”, both for Loans and for Insurance Premium and Membership Dues/Contributions, as stated in Annexes B and C of Enclosures 2 and 3, respectively, of the DepEd Order No. 18, s. 2018;
4. Exercise diligence and prudent judgment to ascertain that the pertinent information to be used for verification, as contained in the e-mailed request, are:
a. Complete, as required in Annexes B and C of Enclosures 2 and 3, respectively, of the DepEd Order No. 18, s. 2018 (both Annexes attached for your reference); and
b. Authentic, based on the information in the official payroll;
5. Check that the contractual interest rate of the loans being applied for are within the DepEd prescribed ceilings, as follows (based on DO No. 18, s. 2018.
6. Closely coordinate with other DepEd offices/personnel who are involved in APDS transactions, such as the Administrative and Finance Divisions/Units, and, in particular, the Regional Payroll Services Units, the AAOs, and the office in charge of the DepEd Provident Fund;
7. Maintain the confidentiality of personal information of DepEd personnel to which he/she has access due to the nature of his/her duties and responsibilities as Verifier;
8. Report directly to the DepEd official that designated him/her as Verifier and to the concerned APDS Task Force, in addition to his/her immediate supervisor prior to this designation;
9. Submit to the Regional Payroll Services Units the monthly report of financial obligations verified, with status (e.g. released, cancelled, etc.)
10. Prepare reports in relation to these duties and responsibilities for submission to the DepEd Schools Division Office (SDO), Regional Office (RO), Central Office (CO), and concerned APDS Task Forces, strictly for official use; and
11. Other related tasks that may be assigned.
DepEd Loan Verifier Qualifications.
The DepEd Verifier for APDS transactions (“Verifier,” for brevity) must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Holds a permanent position in the Department;
2. Has no pending administrative or civil case; and
3. Capable of learning how to efficiently use e-mail, MS Excel, and other computer programs/applications for the purpose of verification.
DepEd Loan Verifier Requirements
1. Officially designated in writing to be the Verifier, for a specific scope of DepEd personnel, by either the Regional Director, the Schools Division Superintendent, or the School Head, depending on the office or school where the Verifier is assigned and his/her scope of responsibility; and
2. Has been issued a unique, official Verifier e-mail address by the Information and Communications Technology Service (ICTS) in the Central Office.
Restrictions and Sanctions
1. A Verifier may only entertain DepEd personnel’s requests for verification received in the former’s official Verifier e-mail address and sent by the latter using their official DepEd e-mail address.
2. A Verifier is advised to use the official Verifier e-mail address only for the purpose of acting on requests for NTHP verification regarding APDS transactions to avoid confusion.
3. The coverage of each Verifier shall be distinct, with no overlapping of functions.
4. A Verifier’s designation may be revoked or amended by the DepEd official that issued the designation upon the recommendation of the concerned APDS Task Force, copy furnished the Office of the Undersecretary for Finance-Disbursements and Accounting for monitoring and records purposes.