Designation of Representative to the DepEd-DPWH Technical Working Group on the Basic Education Facilities (BEF) Allocated for Implementation by DPWH
August 16, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 130, s. 2016
DESIGNATION OF REPRESENTATIVES TO THE DEPED-DPWH TECHNICAL WORKING GROUP ON THE BASIC EDUCATION FACILITIES (BEF) ALLOCATED FOR IMPLEMENTATION BY DPWH
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. In the 2016 budget for the Department of Education (DepEd), the amount of P 82,262,890,000.00 has been appropriated for Basic Education Facilities (BEF). Out of this amount, P 73,182,500,000.00 is allocated for the construction, replacement and completion of kindergarten, elementary and secondary school buildings and technical-vocational laboratories, as well as water and sanitation facilities. The 2016 General Appropriations Act provides that this allocation shall be released directly to the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) for implementation based on the list, location, standard and specifications prescribed by the DepEd, provided that design plans and costs are jointly determined by DepEd and DPWH.
2. In a meeting between DepEd Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones and DPWH Secretary Mark A. Villar on August 15, 2016, there was agreement to immediately reconstitute a Joint Technical Working Group (TWG) to ensure the effective coordination between the two Departments on the implementation and monitoring of the relevant BEF allocation.
3. The following officials presently nominated to the positions of Undersecretary (USec.), and the Chief of the Education Facilities Division-Administrative Service, are designated to represent DepEd in the TWG:
Lead Person – USec. Alain Del B. Pascua
Members – USec. Annalyn M. Sevilla (USec. Victoria M. Catibog as alternate)
– USec. Jesus Lorenzo R. Mateo Engr. Annabelle R. Pangan
4. The DepEd representatives to the TWG shall ensure, among other activities, the following:
a. The finalization and joint validation of the list, location, standards and specifications of school buildings and technical vocational laboratories, as well as water and sanitation facilities, for construction, replacement and completion by DPWH;
b. The joint determination of design plans which are resilient and environment-friendly, and taking into consideration the actual site condition and geo-hazard;
c. The joint determination of cost based on prevailing prices specific to the location;
d. Effective and timely physical, and financial monitoring of project implementation and fund utilization; and
e. The prompt resolution of problems in implementation to address delays in project completion.
5. Immediate dissemination/implementation of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
- DM 128, s. 2016 – Implementation of School-Based Immunization Program
- DM 129, s. 2016 – Submission of Reports on the Implementation of the School-Based Feeding Program for School Years 2015-2016 and 2016-2017
- DM 127, s. 2016 – Administration of Test of English Proficiency for Teachers and Process Skills Test in Science and Mathematics for the School Year 2016-2017
- DM 126, s. 2016 – Administration of the Philippine Educational Placement Test for the School Year 2016-2017
- DM 123, s. 2016 – 7th National Scout Venture Camp of the Boy Scout of the Philippines
- DM 122, s. 2016 – Implementation of the DepEd Computerization Program for Batches 37 E-Classroom Packages for Public Stand-Alone Senior High Schools