DepEd MEMORANDUM No. 15 8, s. 2015
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), will conduct the 2016 National Festival of Talents (NFOT) with the theme Artistry at its Best by Harmonizing Talents: Maximizing Skills, simultaneously with the 2016 National Schools Press Conference (NSPC) from February 22 to 25, 2016. The entire Festival will be hosted by the DepEd Region XII, particularly the Schools Division of General Santos City. The National Festival of Talents will be held at different venues to be announced later.
2. The Festival aims to:
a. provide the secondary school learners with opportunities to showcase their talents through exhibitions of their products and performances as evidence of their learning; and
b. extend parallel learning sessions for teachers and learners to enhance their knowledge and skills in their respective fields of interest.
3. The National Festival of Talents consists of the following skills exhibitions in different fields:
a. 2016 Technolympics (Technology and Livelihood Education);
b. 2016 Sining Tanghalan (Arts);
c. 2016 National Population Quiz and On-the-Spot Skills Exhibition on PopDev (Araling Panlipunari);
d. 2016 Pambansang Tagisan ng Talino (Filipino); and
e. 2016 Foreign Language Skills Showcase (Special Program in Foreign Language).
4. The official delegation per region is indicated in Enclosure Nos. 1 (page 1), 5 (page 10) and 6 (page 21).
5. The specific guidelines for each area skills exhibition are contained in the following enclosures:
Guidelines on the Conduct of the 2016 NFOT; Revised Implementing Guidelines on the 2016 Technolympics;
Enclosure No. 1 – Guidelines on the Conduct of the 2016 National Festival of Talents; Revised
Enclosure No. 2 – Implementing Guidelines on the 2016 Technolympics;
Enclosure No. 3 – Mga Panuntunan sa 2016 Pambansang Tagisan ng Talino sa Filipino;
Enclosure No. 4 – Guidelines on the 2016 National Population Quiz and the On-the-Spot Skills Exhibition on PopDev;
Enclosure No. 5 – Guidelines on the 2016 Sining Tanghalan; and
Enclosure No. 6 – Guidelines on the 2016 Foreign Language Skills Showcase.
6. Each participant included in the official list of delegation from both public and private schools shall pay a registration fee of Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P 3,500.00) to be charged to the school Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses/ local/regional funds and other sources of funds, including their travel expenses, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
7. The registration fee shall be used to cover the cost of lodging, kits, including IDs, T-shirt and bag, contest materials, rental of equipment and vehicle, and other related expenses incurred in the conduct of NFOT. Advance payment in checks shall be addressed to the host region while on-site registration shall be paid in cash. Check-in time will be in the afternoon of February 22 with snacks as the first meal and check-out will be in the morning of February 25, 2016 with lunch as the last meal.
8. The regional coordinators in the different skills exhibitions shall submit the official list of their respective delegations two weeks before the conduct of the National Festival of Talents to the Office of the Director, Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City.
9. For more information, all concerned may contact the Office of the Director, BSE at telephone nos. (02) 632-7746 and (02) 632-7586.
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
1 thought on “2016 National Festival of Talents (NFOT)”
is science quiz included in the national festival of talent?