Republic of the Philippines
Department of Education
Region IV-A CALABARZON
DIVISION OF BATANGAS
January 21, 2016
Memorandum No. 04916
OIC-Asst.Schools Division Superintendents
Chief Education Program Supervisors
Education Program Supervisors
Public Schools District Supervisors
Personnel Selection Committee Members
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads/ Teachers
All others concerned
CARLITO D. ROCAFORT, CESO V
Schools Division Superintendent
Table of Contents
RECRUITMENT, SELECTION, EVALUATION AND RANKING OF APPLICANTS FOR TEACHER 1 POSITIONS SY 2016-2017
1. In consonance with DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2015 re Hiring Guidelines for Teacher I Positions Effective School Year 2015-2016, the Schools Division of Batangas announces the recruitment, selection, evaluation and ranking for Teacher I positions from Kindergarten to Grade 10 for School Year 2016-2017.
2. This primarily aims to integrate and further institutionalize the primary objective of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, which is to enhance the overall quality of basic education in the country by hiring highly-competent teachrs, and to uphold the Department’s mandate under the Magna Carta for Public School Teachers (Republic Act 4670) to promote and improve public school teachers’ employment and career opportunities as well as to attract more people with proper qualifications to the teaching profession.
3. The activities and the dates for the entire process shall be as follows:
|January 21 - February 16, 2016||Submission of written application with supporting documents to the school/ Online system registration at application.deped.gov.ph where they must encode their PDS.||Teacher-Applicants & School Selection Committee|
|January 26, 2016||Transmittal of the Composition of the School Screening Committee and District Screening Committee to the Schools Division Superintendent for the Issuance of a corresponding Designation Order (Hard Copy c/o Diana Kristine E. Guteza, clerk-OIC-ASDS)||School Head District Supervisor|
|February 23, 2016||Submission to the district office the list of teacher-applicants with pertinent documents dully-evaluated by the School Screening Committee for consolidation (elementary & secondary)|
Note: Secondary level-per subject area
|District Selection Committee|
|March 1-2, 2016||Interview and Demonstration Teaching/Demonstration of specialized training-Elementary||District Selection Committee|
|March 3-4, 2016||Interview and Demonstration Teaching/Demonstration of specialized training-Secondary||District Selection Committee|
|March 7-16, 2016||Evaluation/Validation of Documents||District Screening Committee|
|March 18, 2016||Submission to the division office (consolidated list of applicants with pertinent documents duly-evaluated by the District Screening Committee - (elementary & secondary level)||District Screening Committee|
|March 21-23, 2016||Checking/Validation of Points||Division Selection Committee|
|TBA||Administration of English Proficiency||NETRC|
|March 28 - April 8, 2016||Preparation of Registry of Qualified Applicants||Division Selection Committee|
4. An applicant shall submit to the head of elementary or secondary school where a teacher shortage or vacancy exists, a written application supported by the following documents:
a. CSC Form 212 (Revised 2005) in two copies with the latest 2×2 ID picture
b. Certified photocopy of PRC professional identification card or a PRC certification showing the teacher’s name, LET rating, and other information recorded in the PRC Office
c. Certified photocopy of ratings obtained in the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET)/ Professional Board Examination for Teachers (PBET)
d. Certified copy of transcript of records
e. Copies of service records, performance rating, and school clearance for those with teaching experience. If unavailable, the applicant must submit a justification citing the reason/s for unavailability.
f. Certificates of specialized training, if any
g. Certified copy of the Voter’s ID and/or any proof of residency as deemed acceptable by the School Screening Committee
h. NBI Clearance
i. Omnibus certification of authenticity and veracity of all documents submitted, signed by the applicant.
5. The School Screening Committee at the elementary level shall be chaired by the School Head with four (4) teachers as members. In the case of primary, incomplete elementary and multi-grade (MG) schools, the committee shall be chaired by the cluster school head with four (4) teachers from the cluster schools as members.
The Committee at the secondary level shall be chaired by the School Head. The Department Head concerned and three (3) teachers from the different learning areas (as needed based on the school’s vacancies) shall be members. For small secondary schools that do not have department heads, the School Head shall be the Committee Chair with four (4) subject leaders from different learning areas as members.
6. The District Screening Committee at the elementary level shall be chaired by the Public Schools District Supervisor with three (3) school heads and a representative from the Schools Division Office as members.
The District Screening Committee at the secondary level shall also be chaired by the Public Schools District Supervisor with three (3) secondary school heads or department heads and a representative from the Schools Division Office as members.
7. The School/District Screening Committee shall prepare the list of applicants using the format below for submission to district/division office:
|Name of Applicants||Address||Contact Number||Education (20%)||Teaching Experience (15%)||LET/PBET Rating (15%)||Specialized Training & Skills (10%)||Interview (10%)||Demo Teaching (15%)||Communication Skills (15%)||TOTAL (100%)||Remarks (KVT, PSB, LSB or new applicant)|
Note: Only the first six (6) columns shall be filled-up by the School Selection Committee while only the communication skills shall not be filled-up by the District Selection Committee. This will be submitted by the District Screening Committee in hard and soft (CD in excel form/landscape/long bond paper) copy c/o Personnel Department.
8. The following guidelines are hereby given emphasis:
- The cut-off score for inclusion in the RQA is seventy (70) points.
- For old applicants who were not given appointment last school year may submit additional or updated documents to increase their points.
- There shall be separate RQAs for Kindergarten, Elementary and Secondary. The RQA for Kindergarten and elementary shall be prepared by the Division Selection Committee for the Elementary. The RQA for secondary shall be prepared by subject area.
- The RQA shall be valid for one (1) year only.
9. For clarification regarding the details of the ranking guidelines and procedures, please refer to DepEd Order No. 7, s.2015 at DepEd Hiring Guidelines for Teacher I Positions Effective School Year 2015 – 2016.
10. Attached herewith is a list of Screening Committees.
11. Wide dissemination and strict compliance with this memorandum is desired.
- Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2016-2017
- DepEd Senior High School Qualification Standards
- DepEd Hiring Guidelines for the Remaining Teaching Positions SY 2015-2016
- DepEd Online Application System Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Application Letter for Teacher in Public School (DepED)
- 10 Must Know Tips for New Teachers
- DepEd Teacher 1 Hiring Process: It Sucks!
- DepEd Antipolo January 2016 Bulletin of Vacant Positions
- List of Requirements for Teachers You Must Know
- DepEd Region IV-A Division Offices Contact Information